Borussia Dortmund (H) Post-Match Thread

He’s different but he’s a man who scores and assists who is better than Grealish at the moment.
The point isn't who's better, its where can Grealish be best utilized. I believe its in the midfield. I said as a rotational option for now. Obviously KDB, Bernardo, and Gundo are currently the top 3 in the que at this time but bear in mind that all 3 of them were here when D Silva was still kicking it and 4 guys for 2 spots isn't the worst situation, especially with both Bernardo's and Gundo's futures at City uncertain beyond this season.

The point isn't who's better, its where can Grealish be best utilized. I believe its in the midfield. I said as a rotational option for now. Obviously KDB, Bernardo, and Gundo are currently the top 3 in the que at this time but bear in mind that all 3 of them were here when D Silva was still kicking it and 4 guys for 2 spots isn't the worst situation, especially with both Bernardo's and Gundo's futures at City uncertain beyond this season.
Ok, don’t disagree with that.

Do you really see him playing central? Who drops out. Can’t play him over KDB,Bernardo or even Gundo
Not over any of them, but in some type of rotation. I just mentioned how those same 3 shared the docket with D Silva for several seasons. There's no point in running those 3 into the ground. If any one of them went down you can't go game after game with 2 AMs. And if Grealish shows he can do the job there it gives us some insurance regarding the possible departures of Bernardo and/or Gundo.

Last nights game was completely predictable once the starting 11 was announced.
I knew we'd be too slow going forward and have trouble scoring. Once we'd kicked off it was obvious that the 2 wingers had to change for more dynamic ones, and it wasn't hard to call the subs either.
Then, once we equalised, the winner seemed inevitable.
What i couldn't predict was the Boulders thunderbastard and THAT goal from Haaland.

Interesting game last night and we have to remember that Dortmund are a well organised team. It seems to me that some players look quite lethargic unless they are playing twice a week and the unfortunate postponement of the Spurs game didn’t do us any favours. Think this particular applies to KDB. The game changed with the 3 substitutions and these seemed to give us more movement and direction. I would like to see Alvarez given more game time too. Two great goals and how Erling stretches to get to these goals amazes me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.