Borussia Dortmund (H) Post-Match Thread

But there is only one way to find out...
Agree. I think i vaguely remember him playing some time in one of the cup games as an 8, but not really shining. I thought that Mahrez had the potential to become an 8 as well because he can keep the ball, but his biggest problem is releasing the ball at the right time.

He needs to be given the freedom to roam that KDB and Bernardo have and therefore be used as a back up to either for now. Until he's given that opportunity rating him as a left wide player is a wasted exercise enjoyed principally by his detractors both City fans and non fans alike.
So I think to get that freedom he needs to play as one of teh 3 in midfield. To get the KDB or Silva role he needs to demonstrate that his passing is up to the job, and he needs to learn to move the ball quickly. I think that is the only way he will get the space and freedom that it appears he needs.

The issue there is that as i recall he had a fairly free role at Villa. They would have a striker and he would play anywhere along the front line where he could find space. And they would always look to him. Watkins would be the out and out striker and Targett would be an overlapping LB when he would start from the left wing position but he would just look for space anywhere.

He isn't going to get that with us. We asking him to hold a position so we have passing options. Maybe he is better suited to one of our 3 mid positions.
Villa played on the transition which meant he had lots of space to attack and could attack his man as he was running forward and the defender running back. He probably just isn’t good enough to create space for himself when the defense is settled but I don’t think it is fair to judge him entirely on that.

Agree. I think i vaguely remember him playing some time in one of the cup games as an 8, but not really shining. I thought that Mahrez had the potential to become an 8 as well because he can keep the ball, but his biggest problem is releasing the ball at the right time.
He played there in the Liverpool FA Cup semi final. The first half was a horror show mainly because Liverpool recognized Steffen was no Ederson with his feet (while our guys didn't, lol) and just absolutely hyper pressed us into a disaster. He scored a nice goal early in the second half and as the team settled in and worked its way back into the match he was more than OK for someone who hadn't played there in forever. Even though we fell short I would hardly have put it on Grealish as he was one of the few who actually had a decent run in what was essentially a "C" team. Yet I don't believe he played there again the rest of the season.

So I think to get that freedom he needs to play as one of teh 3 in midfield. To get the KDB or Silva role he needs to demonstrate that his passing is up to the job, and he needs to learn to move the ball quickly. I think that is the only way he will get the space and freedom that it appears he needs.
I agree he needs to move the ball quickly in order to play there, but having seen him play over several years I'm of the opinion that quality passing is one of his best attributes.

He played there in the Liverpool FA Cup semi final. The first half was a horror show mainly because Liverpool recognized Steffen was no Ederson with his feet (while our guys didn't, lol) and just absolutely hyper pressed us into a disaster. He scored a nice goal early in the second half and as the team settled in and worked its way back into the match he was more than OK for someone who hadn't played there in forever. Even though we fell short I would hardly have put it on Grealish as he was one of the few who actually had a decent run in what was essentially a "C" team. Yet I don't believe he played there again the rest of the season.
Yeah, nobody was at it in that game. I do still vaguely remember him playing there in another game, maybe Carabao or FA Cup.

Still believe Jack is a superb player and will come good for us but needs to be giving a more free role to perform at a higher level. Being stuck on that left is just not working out for him although I will say that he needs to give a little more effort. Imagine if Kev wasn't given the freedom to roam little.

Grealish is a complete waste of space, he did absolutely nothing again. £100m transfer fee & £15m in salary for what, 4 goals and 3 assists. We are better off without him. We should cut our losses, and get rid as soon as.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.