Borussia Dortmund (H) Post-Match Thread

Grealish is a complete waste of space, he did absolutely nothing again. £100m transfer fee & £15m in salary for what, 4 goals and 3 assists. We are better off without him. We should cut our losses, and get rid as soon as.
Hope he can turn it round but i dont rate him much either for the value so far, a few people on here the other week were taking the piss out of sancho the other week on here and his stats are more or less the same as Jack's.

I don’t think we played as badly as most suggested here but played the usual man city football. Credit to Dortmund for parking bus as everyone does but at times it looked like they had 6 goalies. They worked really hard and did not give any space in the middle of their box.
Full out fucking yellow wall.
They looked more fit then city in first half but as i said in match day thread we will see how long they last . You could see on their face after final whistle the amount of work they put in.

All hail the come back kings. Take a bow.

Okay after a good night's sleep can dissect that game..

Greenish controlled the ball, forced answers from Dortmund but they shut him down except corners.

Mahrez seems slow, maybe has lost half a step.

Rodri also not in good form yet, allowing too many counters. We got lucky Dortmund shot wide twice.

But the most worrying thing is not our players form but Dortmund showcasing the blueprint of how to beat City.

You can be sure we will run into that same game plan many times this season.

We had best practice drills how to not give up counters again.

Okay after a good night's sleep can dissect that game..

Greenish controlled the ball, forced answers from Dortmund but they shut him down except corners.

Mahrez seems slow, maybe has lost half a step.

Rodri also not in good form yet, allowing too many counters. We got lucky Dortmund shot wide twice.

But the most worrying thing is not our players form but Dortmund showcasing the blueprint of how to beat City.

You can be sure we will run into that same game plan many times this season.

We had best practice drills how to not give up counters again.
Mahrez doesn’t have pace to lose!

Hopefully teams do set up like Dortmund as we beat them comfortably in the end. They were dead on their feet after an hour.

Mahrez doesn’t have pace to lose!

Hopefully teams do set up like Dortmund as we beat them comfortably in the end. They were dead on their feet after an hour.
With 5 subs they can refresh their pressers.

I think we need fast pace wingers or fast overlapping full backs that create spaces in the middle. Didn't have that yesterday till subs and Dortmund taking off their highest presser/ striker.

Game totally changed after he went off.

With 5 subs they can refresh their pressers.

I think we need fast pace wingers or fast overlapping full backs that create spaces in the middle. Didn't have that yesterday till subs and Dortmund taking off their highest presser/ striker.

Game totally changed after he went off.
It’s not really about pace, it’s about movement to force their defence out of position.

Pace is one of the fundamental essences of English football. Pep doesn’t see pace as a necessity though.

They came with a plan to frustrate and limit our chances on goal. They are a very well drilled team of quality footballers. we waited till it was shit or bust and asked if they could hold out against a full frontal attack without us being scared of the counter attack and they couldn't.

One team came out to play one team came to stop them and failed. I rarely keep up to date with European football leagues but I would hazard they are in most peoples top 10 in the world and their coach was shit scared of us giving them a tonking.

Not pretty to watch but did the job

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.