Bought A Bicycle - Tips And Advice, Please...

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
While your in the honeymoon period, ride it, ride it hard, ride it everywhere, in the shower, on the washing machine, out the back garden while the neighbors are have a barbecue. Ride it like a good thing.

Wasn't Lizzo cycling back from Glastonbury was it?
I don't know who you mean mate. A woman with big ugly feet regularly rides back and forth to town along Chester road on my old bike, nice arse though; )
While your in the honeymoon period, ride it, ride it hard, ride it everywhere, in the shower, on the washing machine, out the back garden while the neighbors are have a barbecue. Ride it like a good thing.
We're on about bikes n' Btwins, not birds n' bees mate; )

I don't know who you mean mate. A woman with big ugly feet regularly rides back and forth to town along Chester road on my old bike, nice arse though; )

We're on about bikes n' Btwins, not birds n' bees mate; )
Google the Glastonbury gig if you have the nerve

Forget denim, forget strides with a seam up the seat. Windproof is what you want, lots of companies produce cross-over apparel nowadays, Rohan have light or heavy w/proof walking type of trackie bottom with zipped pockets and a fly that will allow you to walkabout without looking all max wall and by dint of the windproof finish they will allow you 10 mins of water resistance if you do get caught in a shower, theyll also wash 200 (or more) times without deteriorating ( half hundred £)
A dayglo light skinned gilet is worth its rizla packet weight because it can go over any other form of clothing...so its function is multi faceted in all conditions, most of the light ones will scrunch up into a palm full. Some companies do dayglo with reflective material for night and day vision much akin to a workers offering but fitted with a rear pocket...you can flip a front light back towards yourself and have the reflective sections active whilst riding in a city (an already lit area doesnt actually need a front light and the spread of feflective material on some garments is great than the spread on a front facing light)..Mavic made a belter a few years ago called 'VISION'...in dutch orange ( lots of cheaper variants deteriorate badly in heavy sunshine)
Water bottle with flexy glass inner liner will ensure you're not drinking too much plastic
Gloves in the summer...even if they are light fingerless type...having a spill and taking the skin off your palms takes an awful long time to heal...no decent grip effects many chapters of life
https://images.app.goo.gl/bsGNB6LXzje7B1jk8
https://www.rohan.co.uk/mens-travel...rs?ocode=04225B94&cr=MensTrousers#description

Last edited:
My Mrs works in MRI and some of the stuff she see's on a very regular basis completely puts me off road cycling.

Any recommendations on a cheap 1 bike car rack appreciated looking to get a little further afield.

My Mrs works in MRI and some of the stuff she see's on a very regular basis completely puts me off road cycling.

Any recommendations on a cheap 1 bike car rack appreciated looking to get a little further afield.
Like butt-plugs that get stuck when riding over a deep pothole?

I think Aldi had some decent looking bike car racks in last week pal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.