Boyata

Nastasic played worse and,more worringly,once again......showed a lack of conviction.

Or are people refusing to see his faults?

FantasyIreland said:
Nastasic played worse and,more worringly,once again......showed a lack of conviction.

Nasty has proven he is capable and is coming back from a season hit by injuries.

Having played centre half at a decent level I would like to think I am reasonably qualfied to debate this subject. Yesterday both Nasty and Boyata were poor for different reasons. Nasty looked ok when not pressed and passed the ball well. Boyata treated the ball like a hot potato and was out of position too many times. As things stand the only thing keeping Boyata at the club is that he is classed as homegrown (is Rekik) and Nasty will be looked at closely as he is supposedly recovering from an injury. If Nasty doesn't look as if he will reach the level is showed a couple of seasons ago he will be sold IMO and Boyata is just lucky to still be at the club.

Eds said:
Having played centre half at a decent level I would like to think I am reasonably qualfied to debate this subject. Yesterday both Nasty and Boyata were poor for different reasons. Nasty looked ok when not pressed and passed the ball well. Boyata treated the ball like a hot potato and was out of position too many times. As things stand the only thing keeping Boyata at the club is that he is classed as homegrown (is Rekik) and Nasty will be looked at closely as he is supposedly recovering from an injury. If Nasty doesn't look as if he will reach the level is showed a couple of seasons ago he will be sold IMO and Boyata is just lucky to still be at the club.

Their passing stats from yesterday are nearly identical:

Boyata: 51 passes; 96% pass completion; 2 of 3 completed long passes
Nastasic: 52 passes; 96% pass completion; 4 of 5 completed long passes

FantasyIreland said:

I agree. I thought Boyata was far more convincing than Nastasic. Nastasic is neat and tidy on the ball, but he doesn't do the defensive job. Playing alongside Kompany makes him look good.

I can see why we have persisted with Boyata. He has got it in him to be a good central defender. I think perhaps he needs a move and regular football at a lower level and work his way up the game.

I was a big fan of Nastasic but losing faith in him. He's the senior central defender of the two, but he left it to Boyata.

Have to agree with most views on here, it was the midfield that let us down.

Prime example when Willy had to come out and smash Sanchez, everyone stopped and let him run straight through.

Yaya didn't look interested right from the start until the time he came off.

Some good link up play between Jesus and Silva when he came on.

bigdavecox90 said:
Have to agree with most views on here, it was the midfield that let us down.

Prime example when Willy had to come out and smash Sanchez, everyone stopped and let him run straight through.

Yaya didn't look interested right from the start until the time he came off.

Some good link up play between Jesus and Silva when he came on.
Our midfield stood right off them at the start. When we started playing I thought we were thebetter team, but we gave them confidence and a tactical advantage by our slow start. Complacency again.

I thought Yaya came back strongly

Neither Nastasic nor Boyata is the kind of Disney character that can't put one foot in front of the other without falling over. They do their job adequately most of the time, but they do make important mistakes which can turn into decisive moments of the match. I thought the ball ran very kindly for Arsenal yesterday, but both our CBs were not in the best position to deal with the problems created, in the case of the first goal, and were guilty of some pretty feeble tackling/blocking for the second. The third goal was basically a "hit hard and hope harder" shot, which I thought was deflected over (a poorly positioned) Caballero. In other words, I think Nasty and Boyata suffered from the same lack of urgency, the same lethargy and slow reactions that seemed to afflict the rest of the team. They're better than they were yesterday, like the other 9, but obviously I'd be very nervous if we went into a league match with them at the heart of our defence. You wouldn't see either of them as a long term replacement for Vinnie!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.