Boyata

FromPollockToSilva said:
In five years time I expect Boyata to be at Sunderland/Wigan/Villa and Nastasic to be at Inter/Roma/Juventus.

That's probably fair comment. Boyata is more suited to getting stuck in & defending but lacks quality & Nastasic suits poncy style, regimented football with loads of players around him to help him out & stop him from being exposed.

And still then, neither will be good enough to play 3rd choice for City.

He's got the tools athletically and isn't afraid to commit himself (unlike Nastasic), but mentally he is just awful. As long as the ball is near him, he's not too bad, but he switches off whenever he's not directly competing with someone and just lets people run off him. The weak tackle for the second goal yesterday was uncharacteristic, but his falling asleep and letting the guy get away from him in the first place is just far too common with him and I don't see that ever changing.

Having him as our only last choice at centerback if Nastasic, Rekik (loan), Garcia and Micah leave seems like a huge risk, but I guess Denayer could be promoted for an emergency? I'd rather play Denayer tbh, at least playing him would help his long term development.

BigOscar said:
He's got the tools athletically and isn't afraid to commit himself (unlike Nastasic), but mentally he is just awful. As long as the ball is near him, he's not too bad, but he switches off whenever he's not directly competing with someone and just lets people run off him. The weak tackle for the second goal yesterday was uncharacteristic, but his falling asleep and letting the guy get away from him in the first place is just far too common with him and I don't see that ever changing.

Having him as our only last choice at centerback if Nastasic, Rekik (loan), Garcia and Micah leave seems like a huge risk, but I guess Denayer could be promoted for an emergency? I'd rather play Denayer tbh, at least playing him would help his long term development.

Denayer is potentially miles ahead of any of those imo, but still wouldn't trust him at all. This time next year could be different.

Nastasic is the best choice for the 4th cb job out of that group currently, because he has done it before & we still managed to win some games (no thanks to Nastasic, ever imo) Boyata is a total wild card & Rekik is nowhere near it.

But thinking about it this morining, it could actually be that Sagna is to be the 4th cb & none of those 3 we saw pre season are on the agenda. In which case Nastasic may be allowed to leave.

Neville Kneville said:
BigOscar said:

Denayer is potentially miles ahead of any of those imo, but still wouldn't trust him at all. This time next year could be different.

Nastasic is the best choice for the 4th cb job out of that group currently, because he has done it before & we still managed to win some games (no thanks to Nastasic, ever imo) Boyata is a total wild card & Rekik is nowhere near it.

But thinking about it this morining, it could actually be that Sagna is to be the 4th cb & none of those 3 we saw pre season are on the agenda. In which case Nastasic may be allowed to leave.
I know you're not really a fan, but to say he didn't contribute anything during the 12/13 season is ridiculous.

Pretty sure it was mentioned in other threads, but now that Mangala is signed, who do we keep among Reikik and Nastasic?

There is no doubt in my mind that Nasty is way better than Rekik at the moment, but being 4th choice would have Nasty's value plummet rapidly. Heck, even Sagna might be a better 4th choice CB, so if an emergency comes we could have between Boyata, Sagna and Rekik/Nastasic to choose for the 4th CB. So why not recoup his fee?

Neville Kneville said:
BigOscar said:

Was surprised Denayer didn't get more game time in pre season, he was brilliant whenever I watched the EDS last season.

Kompany
Mangala
Demi
Sagna/Boyata/Denayer

Cant see Nastsic staying, what team has 4 out and out centre backs. He needs regular games to develop.

Kompany likes to play on the right, as does MDM, even though we played him on the left last season. So, we know Nasty plays on the left. What about Mangala? I assume he is a left sided CH.

If so, we have two NATURAL sets of CHs, who are interchangeable as needed. MDM only has one season left, so throwing away Nasty when he doesn't even count for FFP would be ridiculous. However, what is just as obvious to me is that he need so up the quality of his all around game this season. I'm sure he will get his chances in the Cup competitions, and maybe even during the season, as injuries and the number of games take their toll, so I hope he takes them and develops his game. I also hope he is not one of those players who plateaus at 20 and never fully develops his body or his skill set. That would be a big waste of talent.

bluemoon27 said:
he as had enough chances now he is clearly not good enough,even when he went to Bolton on loan all there fans said he was shite,he is never gonna cut it at this level

Have to agree. He's no longer a young player. As others have said, he has the athletic skills but he just doesn't seem mentally able to cope and either hesitates too long or makes the wrong decision. Shame really. Will make a good championship player.

mammutly said:
bluemoon27 said:
he as had enough chances now he is clearly not good enough,even when he went to Bolton on loan all there fans said he was shite,he is never gonna cut it at this level

Have to agree. He's no longer a young player. As others have said, he has the athletic skills but he just doesn't seem mentally able to cope and either hesitates too long or makes the wrong decision. Shame really. Will make a good championship player.

Even though he didn't at Bolton?
Not even good enough at that level, says it all really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.