Boyata

Perhaps unfairly but when I see Boyata and/or Sinclair on the team sheet I think loss.

I don't think a loss crosses my mind with any of the others as I always think we can win.

FromPollockToSilva said:
Eds said:
Having played centre half at a decent level I would like to think I am reasonably qualfied to debate this subject. Yesterday both Nasty and Boyata were poor for different reasons. Nasty looked ok when not pressed and passed the ball well. Boyata treated the ball like a hot potato and was out of position too many times. As things stand the only thing keeping Boyata at the club is that he is classed as homegrown (is Rekik) and Nasty will be looked at closely as he is supposedly recovering from an injury. If Nasty doesn't look as if he will reach the level is showed a couple of seasons ago he will be sold IMO and Boyata is just lucky to still be at the club.

Their passing stats from yesterday are nearly identical:

Boyata: 51 passes; 96% pass completion; 2 of 3 completed long passes
Nastasic: 52 passes; 96% pass completion; 4 of 5 completed long passes

Both were equally poor in my opinion. Passing wasn't the issue though. It was how they tracked the movement of Arsenal but it was a pretty thrown together back line with very little defensive support from the midfielders either. Fernando was pretty much the only one in there defending. Arsenal are a quality side, and that first 11 they put out was not far off the one that will start next weekend. Giroud for Sanogo in the starting 11. Maybe Chambers makes way... aside from that it will be an 11 that starts several games this season.

Ours on the other hand was without Hart, Kompany, Demichelis, Zabaleta/Sagna, Fernandinho and Aguero. Those are key players in our squad and 5 of those 7 will start every game when fit. You would expect more from the team we put out but it was a largely settled Arsenal side who know how to pass and move. The combinations between Cazorla, Ramsay etc have been happening for a whole season and Sanchez has played that way for the past few years. How many times have Navas, Yaya, Nasri, Jovetic and Dzeko played together in contrast? We still caused problems and 3-0 probably flattered Arsenal. We'll improve.

Boyata had a good debut 4 years ago against the shite in the League Cup semi final. What has he done in the 4 years since?

He's gone out to Bolton and looked poor. He went to Holland and by all accounts was nowhere near good enough and sent back.

He's then made the odd appearance for us, and has just not looked good enough. He showed early promise, but he's just not developed in to a PL player, it happens.

It's crazy to blame him for the defeat yesterday, but I've not seen anything over the last 3 years to suggest he's going to make a PL player, certainly not for the champions.

Shaelumstash said:
Boyata had a good debut 4 years ago against the shite in the League Cup semi final. What has he done in the 4 years since?

He's gone out to Bolton and looked poor. He went to Holland and by all accounts was nowhere near good enough and sent back.

He's then made the odd appearance for us, and has just not looked good enough. He showed early promise, but he's just not developed in to a PL player, it happens.

It's crazy to blame him for the defeat yesterday, but I've not seen anything over the last 3 years to suggest he's going to make a PL player, certainly not for the champions.

I'm amazed there are City fans that rate this kid. What are they watching?

Both Boyata and Nastasic next to eachother is not improving either one of them. Put one of them next to either Kompany or Demichelis, and they will perform much better. Hopefully Mangala gives us a bit more options, because a great CB-pairing will make the rest of the team play a lot better.

Both Boyata and Nastasic did ok yesterday. Not great, not bad, simply ok. No use slagging either one of them as part of a makeshift defensive line-up in what is eventually a kick about at the park.

eversince 76 said:
Both Boyata and Nastasic next to eachother is not improving either one of them. Put one of them next to either Kompany or Demichelis, and they will perform much better. Hopefully Mangala gives us a bit more options, because a great CB-pairing will make the rest of the team play a lot better.

Both Boyata and Nastasic did ok yesterday. Not great, not bad, simply ok. No use slagging either one of them as part of a makeshift defensive line-up in what is eventually a kick about at the park.
We approached the opening games like a kick-about whereas Arsenal wanted to win at Wembley, and we got humiliated. Very easy to blame the defence, but really there was more to it than that. Arsenal wanted it more, and we didn't from the fans through to the players. And ellegrini's wide-open tactics didn't work.

With the World Cup defenders out and an inexperienced central defensive pairing, was it wise to play a 4 man midfield with Navas out wide. The defence was left exposed

supercity88 said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
Eds said:
Having played centre half at a decent level I would like to think I am reasonably qualfied to debate this subject. Yesterday both Nasty and Boyata were poor for different reasons. Nasty looked ok when not pressed and passed the ball well. Boyata treated the ball like a hot potato and was out of position too many times. As things stand the only thing keeping Boyata at the club is that he is classed as homegrown (is Rekik) and Nasty will be looked at closely as he is supposedly recovering from an injury. If Nasty doesn't look as if he will reach the level is showed a couple of seasons ago he will be sold IMO and Boyata is just lucky to still be at the club.

Both were equally poor in my opinion. Passing wasn't the issue though. It was how they tracked the movement of Arsenal but it was a pretty thrown together back line with very little defensive support from the midfielders either. Fernando was pretty much the only one in there defending. Arsenal are a quality side, and that first 11 they put out was not far off the one that will start next weekend. Giroud for Sanogo in the starting 11. Maybe Chambers makes way... aside from that it will be an 11 that starts several games this season.

Ours on the other hand was without Hart, Kompany, Demichelis, Zabaleta/Sagna, Fernandinho and Aguero. Those are key players in our squad and 5 of those 7 will start every game when fit. You would expect more from the team we put out but it was a largely settled Arsenal side who know how to pass and move. The combinations between Cazorla, Ramsay etc have been happening for a whole season and Sanchez has played that way for the past few years. How many times have Navas, Yaya, Nasri, Jovetic and Dzeko played together in contrast? We still caused problems and 3-0 probably flattered Arsenal. We'll improve.

I didn't say anything about how accurate or inaccurate Boyata's passing was I just said he treated it like a hot potato. He doesn't look as comfortable in my opinion on the ball as Nasty.

Eds said:
supercity88 said:
FromPollockToSilva said:

I didn't say anything about how accurate or inaccurate Boyata's passing was I just said he treated it like a hot potato. He doesn't look as comfortable in my opinion on the ball as Nasty.
That's true, but that's only 50% of defending. Nasty looked good alongside Kompany, and when he was playing and City were on their way to the title, how many teams had a go? Nastasic will find himself out of the door if he's not careful.

For this season he is useful cover and can fill the HG quota. he may not play regularly but in emergency he can perform to an acceptable standard imho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.