Boyata

Just watched it again. What's he supposed to do? Split himself in half and go and mark Ramsey as well?

He'd stopped Sanogo from getting past him? It's someone else's job to make sure he can't just lay it off to someone on their own five yards to his left.

gazmedina said:
Just watched it again. What's he supposed to do? Split himself in half and go and mark Ramsey as well?

He'd stopped Sanogo from getting past him? It's someone else's job to make sure he can't just lay it off to someone on their own five yards to his left.

Its hilarious,people only seeing what they want to see.

He's had a decent pre-season,and i believe he is improving,as a 4th choice centre half he's fine.

FantasyIreland said:
gazmedina said:

He's had a decent pre-season,and i believe he is improving,as a 4th choice centre half he's fine.

I genuinely don't even think he's at that level. Our 4th choice centre back will be playing potentially 20 games a season

gazmedina said:

I agree with you, but people (and papers) see what they want (or expect) to see.

Seems (today and in general) to be very poor at tracking runners. Not as horrible as some rate him (again today and in general). But nowhere near good enough to see any meaningful action absent some sort of mass fitness calamity amongst our defenders.

Nastasic is the one who worries me, really. There were some performances he put on two years ago that were amazing. What on earth has happened to him since? I actually thought he would adapt well to the "Vinnie's partner" role in Pellers' system and he seems never to have caught on to it.

The fact of the matter is, our defence as a whole was not upto scratch today not just one player, and I don't blame them for it either, there was no natural leader in the back line abd clichy out of position. It's not going to be our starting 11 so no need for all the abuse! Boyata want the worst of the players on the pitch today but send to be the easiest scape goat.

Everyone needs to remember that we lost the community shield in 2011-12 season abd went on to win the league..
Chill.

gazmedina said:

Agree Ramsay is a midfielder he should of been tracked into our box by one of our midfielders. Thought Boyato and Nastisic played ok Clichy was poor and the whole back four had no cover

Damocles said:
FantasyIreland said:
gazmedina said:

I genuinely don't even think he's at that level. Our 4th choice centre back will be playing potentially 20 games a season

Alongside a more commited and experienced partner,any of the three ahead of him.....i believe he will surprise a few with his ability,he definitely looks more comfortable in himself recently.

He certainly wasn't the sole reason for the defeat today, as there was a collective lethargy about the whole team, but he's clearly not good enough. The contract extension was strange to say the least - I'd rather use an EDS player as fifth choice centre half should the need arise.

Ric said:
He certainly wasn't the sole reason for the defeat today, as there was a collective lethargy about the whole team, but he's clearly not good enough. The contract extension was strange to say the least - I'd rather use an EDS player as fifth choice centre half should the need arise.

Exactly right and when there is no logical reason left we are only left with the confusing conclusion that Pellegrini likes him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.