Boycott MOTD

NipHolmes said:
Pigeonho said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Deary me, I do wish people would stop making shit up
They're great aren't they?!
I love the way some people think that the powers that be at the Beeb actually sit down and think about putting us not first just so it belittles us in some way.

I agree but in all fairness I find it staggering that they started with a 1-0 United with in a boring game over a 4-0 win for the champions. I can only go with the point that O'Neil being sacked was the bigger issue, which is fair to be honest.

I do believe we are hard doen to by certain journalists and pundits but BBC favouring United I simply cannot see. Lineker likes us, Dixon liked us before he went and on SPOTY they did the poznan as you know. Hardly hateful is it?
Nothing staggering about it. They didn't go with United winning 1-0, they went with Sunderland first because of the managerial issue. Who they were playing was irrelevant.

ban-mcfc said:
We still have to pay for it though.

Hansen will always hate us, he grew up a rag and played for liverpool.

Don't think Hanson chooses the running order

Pigeonho said:
NipHolmes said:
Pigeonho said:
They're great aren't they?!
I love the way some people think that the powers that be at the Beeb actually sit down and think about putting us not first just so it belittles us in some way.

I agree but in all fairness I find it staggering that they started with a 1-0 United with in a boring game over a 4-0 win for the champions. I can only go with the point that O'Neil being sacked was the bigger issue, which is fair to be honest.I do believe we are hard doen to by certain journalists and pundits but BBC favouring United I simply cannot see. Lineker likes us, Dixon liked us before he went and on SPOTY they did the poznan as you know. Hardly hateful is it?
Nothing staggering about it. They didn't go with United winning 1-0, they went with Sunderland first because of the managerial issue. Who they were playing was irrelevant.

Part in bold Pidge

NipHolmes said:
Pigeonho said:
NipHolmes said:
I agree but in all fairness I find it staggering that they started with a 1-0 United with in a boring game over a 4-0 win for the champions. I can only go with the point that O'Neil being sacked was the bigger issue, which is fair to be honest.I do believe we are hard doen to by certain journalists and pundits but BBC favouring United I simply cannot see. Lineker likes us, Dixon liked us before he went and on SPOTY they did the poznan as you know. Hardly hateful is it?

Part in bold Pidge

I follow MOTD on facebook and originally we were 3rd before the Sunderland v Rags game. They then put out a statement that they would be changing it so their game was 1st due to MON being sacked.

Rarely seem to watch it anymore but they really need to replace those idiots on the settee who laughably call themselves "pundits". Just because they were good footballers doesn't automatically mean they're good analysts. Shearer could bore you to stone the way he drones on sometimes, Hansen is stuck in his old ways and recycles the same old pish every week - Lawro actually looks good compared to these two.

However glad MOTD have begun to take notice and replaced Colin Murray with Mark Chapman. Always enjoy listening to him on the football league show. Might start watching it more when start introducing more knowledgeable presenters like Pat Nevin, Lee Dixon and dare I say it...Gary Neville (Not sure if he's tied down to sky?)

It's just shit nowadays isn't it? The editing is poor and the commentators are plain annoying. There's just far too much analysis going on, concentrating on "was it a penalty, wasn't it a penalty" stuff.

I know Sky have a lot to answer for, but MOTD used to be something to look forward to watching, and now it's, well, shite.

NipHolmes said:
Pigeonho said:
NipHolmes said:

Part in bold Pidge

he's flown again..............

reminds me of the WW1 ace: The Red Baron

Danny Hoekman said:
It's just shit nowadays isn't it? The editing is poor and the commentators are plain annoying. There's just far too much analysis going on, concentrating on "was it a penalty, wasn't it a penalty" stuff.

I know Sky have a lot to answer for, but MOTD used to be something to look forward to watching, and now it's, well, shite.

Agree with the gist of that.

Ive started to doubt that they are actually commenting on the games as they happen.
Certainly listening to some of the comments Johnathan Pearce comes out with, anyone would think he knew what was going to happen next. Sounds like they add the commentary on to the highlights about 6.30 in the evening

mcfcirlam said:
I apologise if you dont have Sky but if you do I think we should boycott Match of the Day.
Have they forgot we are still champions, we win 4 v 0 and we have to wait for more than one hour for the highlights.
I am watching Goals on Sunday right now and we are second game in with extended highlights.
It goes to show that the BBC have no respect for us.
I hope we score 6 at the swamp next week and do the same at Wembley the week after.
Can you imagine if we clawed back the 15 points, which is highly unlikely.
Would we move up the viewing order then??.[/quote

Don't talk soft. As if a "boycott" would even be noticed, let alone affect anything. Besides, MOTM still has the best music of any sports show since the old "Sports Report" on the radio at 5 o'clock on Saturdays, and where else can you see Aguero's goal. Kompany's header v ManU, and VK lifting the trophy, all in the space of 30 seconds?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.