Boycott the M*rror

The club has ignored them though. They still show them courtesy. All the media have done is ramped up the lies and poison. They're not getting bored of it at all. They're picking on a target that doesn't retaliate.
Taking action is the only way to deal with them. The Sheikh didn't politely ask if he could break up the sky 4. He just went out and done it.
The only answer is to ban them from the ground and warn the editors or programme controllers that every time they say or print lies about us, they'll face legal action.

You are letting them though. You are doing absolutely nothing to stop them. My stance and your stance is exactly the same with regards to letting people have a pop at City. I'm just ignoring them while you're moaning about them. In fact, if anything, the bandwidth, clicks and promotion you give them probably allows them to do it more. If every single one of us completely ignored them it would happen a hell of a lot less. That's the clubs stance and it's mine. Your defence of our club against all these articles feeds the journo trolls with more reason to print the shite as they know they have an audience that they wind up who fall for the shite every time. They're like a dog or a kid who are trying their luck by being a little shit over and over, in the end the best thing to do is ignore their bollocks and they'll get bored because they aren't getting the attention.

fuck that. I will always have a pop back. our club should do the same.

You are letting them though. You are doing absolutely nothing to stop them. My stance and your stance is exactly the same with regards to letting people have a pop at City. I'm just ignoring them while you're moaning about them. In fact, if anything, the bandwidth, clicks and promotion you give them probably allows them to do it more. If every single one of us completely ignored them it would happen a hell of a lot less. That's the clubs stance and it's mine. Your defence of our club against all these articles feeds the journo trolls with more reason to print the shite as they know they have an audience that they wind up who fall for the shite every time. They're like a dog or a kid who are trying their luck by being a little shit over and over, in the end the best thing to do is ignore their bollocks and they'll get bored because they aren't getting the attention.
Well said. A lot of the media Is just deliberately controversial and wants people to bite. The Mirror's stance is pathetic and smacks of desperation - you only need to look at their plummeting circulation figures. Our owners will take action if they feel something is libellous and damaging to the club. Can well understand fans wanting to have a pop back though.

Actually, due to awful changes to the Defamation Act in 2013, papers are allowed to get away with frequent libel.
You now have to prove there has been substantial damage as a result of the libel, and not just that it's a lie. Shocking state of affairs. It basically gives far more freedom to simply make things up.

Actually, due to awful changes to the Defamation Act in 2013, papers are allowed to get away with frequent libel.
You now have to prove there has been substantial damage as a result of the libel, and not just that it's a lie. Shocking state of affairs. It basically gives far more freedom to simply make things up.
Regrettably, I can only concur. It's a rich bully's law now although I'd say that proving damage would not be impossible. I think that the decision to ignore the defamation by ADUG is more of a PR strategy rather than a legal position, which [understandably] some posters are failing to grasp.

Regrettably, I can only concur. It's a rich bully's law now although I'd say that proving damage would not be impossible. I think that the decision to ignore the defamation by ADUG is more of a PR strategy rather than a legal position, which [understandably] some posters are failing to grasp.
I think most posters grasp the strategy but are frustrated with it as it appears to be toothless and ineffective.

Saw the paper this morning and they did the match report including sergio who is struggling for fitness lol

They just make stuff up,i bet they barely watch any of our games

I think most posters grasp the strategy but are frustrated with it as it appears to be toothless and ineffective.
As well as, just bored of waiting for the tide to turn! 7 flipping years and the media circus has still not turned around... Death threats to sterling must be the final straw. It was for me!

I think you will find the small print on the ticket states your purchase of the ticket is an acceptance that your image may be used for recording / broadcasting of the event (certainly states it on gig tickets)
Don't come at me with your technicalities. The bastards had been following me for months and knew I'd be stood in one place for a couple of hours, therefore unable to escape their paparazzi within the stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.