Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diaz is clearly an amazing talent, though possibly with a penchant towards individual brilliance over teamwork.

We can't see everything that goes on behind the scenes, but Pep does appear to select teams based on what he sees in training.

So if he's not appeared yet I suppose it's too be because either:

He's not adapting to the team's tactics in training, or he's not showing a great attitude.
Or both.

I don't think there's ever been any indication that he has a bad attitude before, so my suspicion is that Pep thinks he's not yet ready to carry out the role expected of him.

Hope he gets some minutes before the end of the season.

To put things into perspective, we're one win away from becoming the greatest Premier League side of all time. It's almost impossible for an academy talent to be good enough to break into a team as good as ours.

Unfortunately we're going to lose plenty of talented youngsters due to the raised standard at the top level, in the same way that Barca lost the likes of Cesc, Pique, etc, and a few will come back to haunt us.

Diaz and Sancho will be among them.

To put things into perspective, we're one win away from becoming the greatest Premier League side of all time. It's almost impossible for an academy talent to be good enough to break into a team as good as ours.

Unfortunately we're going to lose plenty of talented youngsters due to the raised standard at the top level, in the same way that Barca lost the likes of Cesc, Pique, etc, and a few will come back to haunt us.

Diaz and Sancho will be among them.

They don't need to be good enough to break into the team, just good enough to get on the pitch here and there.

We have had scores of them good enough to do that in the past few years. We could play all of them for the next 3 games if we wanted to.

We are choosing not to play all of them. Nothing stopping us from playing some of them.

Now and next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.