Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you think thats a little bit much...? Foden is what, 18? He has played a handful of games for the best team in the country, not even had his first cap, and you're saying his vision will make him become the greatest player England has ever produced? Do you see how insane that is?

There is no telling what these two could do going forward, both could become world class, both could end up at Stoke in 5 years, we have no idea, and to crown a teenager who has barely kicked a ball is just silly.

I watched them both a lot and that is my opinion. The club believes in Foden giving him a 5 year contract and I’m sure it won’t be long before Diaz gets his.
They definitely won’t end up at Stoke in 5 years that’s for sure.

Apparently West Ham want him on a season long loan.

Anyone know if there’s any progress on a new contract? Less than 12 months to go now.....

Unfortunately when he's thrown in, he looks very lightweight indeed. He'll need another 3 year to physically develop. I think we're right to loan, but sell with buy-back is good insurance too. I don't see him making the grade.

He'll be sold if he doesn't sign a new contract with us this summer. Wouldn't be remotely surprised to see him go. Signing Mahrez was the nail in the coffin for his opportunities this year and our forwards, bar Sergio, are all relatively young. There isn't room for him in this squad and I still don't see where he best fits in considering we don't play with a traditional 10.

I cannot believe we'd let this happen again. Losing Sancho was bad but to lose Brahim on top of that would be absolutely criminal and leave a black mark against Pep's time here.
Rival fans and media gammons laugh at the pointlessness of our shiny academy but allowing this to happen would prove them totally right

Already people moaning it's "another Sancho".. let's get this right, Pep and the club showed faith by offering him a contract. Not loaning him out, not selling him with buy-back. A proper contract that was reward for his progression and with a view of bringing him on. When he refused, he was left out of the US tour as his commitment isn't reciprocated and we all know he went AWOL afterwards. His skill was never in question. His temperament is. He's flash, cocky, and very confident, which he's allowed to be and I know that side of the game grates a lot of people... but indiscipline isn't acceptable.

So now we turn to Diaz, another youngster that is above his peers at youth level, but looks like a fish out of water (at the moment). We've seen it many times before. Garcia, Lopez, Suarez.. the players quickly ship out and go on to make a decent career elsewhere. Personally I see the skill, but don't see exceptional talent with vision, movement etc. I see a great dribbler who's not strong enough.

Devastated.

Sancho ans Diaz will be +30m players once they given proper chance and have 2 full seasons under their belt.

Already people moaning it's "another Sancho".. let's get this right, Pep and the club showed faith by offering him a contract. Not loaning him out, not selling him with buy-back. A proper contract that was reward for his progression and with a view of bringing him on. When he refused, he was left out of the US tour as his commitment isn't reciprocated and we all know he went AWOL afterwards. His skill was never in question. His temperament is. He's flash, cocky, and very confident, which he's allowed to be and I know that side of the game grates a lot of people... but indiscipline isn't acceptable.

So now we turn to Diaz, another youngster that is above his peers at youth level, but looks like a fish out of water (at the moment). We've seen it many times before. Garcia, Lopez, Suarez.. the players quickly ship out and go on to make a decent career elsewhere. Personally I see the skill, but don't see exceptional talent with vision, movement etc. I see a great dribbler who's not strong enough.

I’m not sure how you can say he looks like a fish out of water when he’s played about 50 minutes of Premier League football, plus a dead rubber CL game.

Bottom line: we lost Sancho.
The AWOL stuff came after, he was already leaving before all that.

Brahim is levels above Garcia, Lopes, Suarez. He is the same level as Sancho & Foden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.