Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though we have been playing fantastic football this season, it is incredibly frustrating that we never give our academy players a chance except for dead rubbers and 5-minute sub appearances. Both Foden and Diaz could be 100m+ players in the future if they get regular game time. We have some incredibly talented players coming through the ranks, but I`m afraid they`re all gonna leave like Sancho. Players like Gunn, Maffeo, Foden and Diaz should all be given a lot of playtime next season, or I`m afraid they will leave us

It’s annoys the fuck out of me. We will just continue to buy £60m players. I’m not complaining because we spend money, I just want to see an academy lad break into this brilliant City squad. Before anyone points out that he’s in the squad now, I mean I want to see a lad getting significant minutes to impress.

Don’t understand why. I fear the worst for Diaz and Foden, I honestly don’t think they will get a look in here. Diaz definitely needs a loan out next season, he’s must have only played about 300 minutes so far. The next month should tell us if Pep has faith in him, can’t see it myself though. Hated Pellegrini for not giving the young lads a chance when a bit of cover for the first team was needed, but Peps doing the same. I can forgive Pep though because he’s fucking ace. I just don’t see why a hugely talented lad isn’t getting game time when the fixtures are piling up, especially considering our last two games have been against championship teams.

It’s nowhere near 300 minutes, it’s about 130 in all competitions. Four cup games recently against Burnley, Cardiff and Bristol City (x2) and he’s played a grand total of 3 minutes.

It’s annoys the fuck out of me. We will just continue to buy £60m players. I’m not complaining because we spend money, I just want to see an academy lad break into this brilliant City squad. Before anyone points out that he’s in the squad now, I mean I want to see a lad getting significant minutes to impress.
We have so many talented academy players. Gunn, Muric, Maffeo, Latibeaudiere, Eric Garcia, Tommy Doyle, Foden, Brahim Diaz, Rabbi Matondo, Nabil Touaizi, Lukas Nmecha and several more has the potential to break into the first team some day, but I would be surprised if more than 2 of the players I mentioned made our first team.

We have so many talented academy players. Gunn, Muric, Maffeo, Latibeaudiere, Eric Garcia, Tommy Doyle, Foden, Brahim Diaz, Rabbi Matondo, Nabil Touaizi, Lukas Nmecha and several more has the potential to break into the first team some day, but I would be surprised if more than 2 of the players I mentioned made our first team.

I can actually see Gunn becoming our number 2 next season. If we sign a new attacker in the summer, that means we will have 6 players challenging for 3 spots up top. That means Diaz isn’t getting a look in. With Bernardo capable of dropping back into midfield, that also means Fodens chances are reduced to, because Bernardo will be looking for game time if another attacker comes in. Maybe Maffeo might get a chance to become back up for Walker.

Game was so flat at 2-0 but Pep was never going to bring him on until we were either 3-0 up or there were 5 mins left. The side showed no intent at 2-0 which is because they play so much football Pep wants them to sit on the ball. We will see many dull patches like that moving forward to manage players' fitness and avoid injuries.

When he did come on he showed real pace and trickery. Hopefully a kind draw at home sees him able to start a game next time.

I can actually see Gunn becoming our number 2 next season. If we sign a new attacker in the summer, that means we will have 6 players challenging for 3 spots up top. That means Diaz isn’t getting a look in. With Bernardo capable of dropping back into midfield, that also means Fodens chances are reduced to, because Bernardo will be looking for game time if another attacker comes in. Maybe Maffeo might get a chance to become back up for Walker.
We will probably keep Danilo and sell Maffeo, sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.