Brahim Diaz - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said in the Newcastle pre-match thread that he should have been on the bench instead of Otamendi, but you argued with that.
Pep seems to be moving john into midfield later in the game so another CB is needed,the bottom line is pep knows better than us

Who are you dropping out of the team to put him in?
Although Mahrez is a great player we weren’t in great need of him. And Brahim doesn’t need to drop anyone. You give him sub appeareances when they game is still alive, you use him to rest Sterling or Sane. If you don’t plan to play him in competetive fixtures then loan him out for f*ck sake. He can train with this squad for 7 years from now on but he will barely get any better. He needs to play competetive senior football. If not, his development will stall and we will waste one of the brigthest young talents I’ve seen.

Pep seems to be moving john into midfield later in the game so another CB is needed,the bottom line is pep knows better than us
He knows better than us but maybe it’s not in his interest to develop Brahim? Because he sure as hell could’ve done more for him.

Although Mahrez is a great player we weren’t in great need of him. And Brahim doesn’t need to drop anyone. You give him sub appeareances when they game is still alive, you use him to rest Sterling or Sane. If you don’t plan to play him in competetive fixtures then loan him out for f*ck sake. He can train with this squad for 7 years from now on but he will barely get any better. He needs to play competetive senior football. If not, his development will stall and we will waste one of the brigthest young talents I’ve seen.
The drop off from raz and sane to a kid that never plays is to much,mahrez was brought to do that,lets see what happens between now and jan but to keep insisting he is good enough when pep doesn't think he is seems to be the romantic over the practical to me

The drop off from raz and sane to a kid that never plays is to much,mahrez was brought to do that,lets see what happens between now and jan but to keep insisting he is good enough when pep doesn't think he is seems to be the romantic over the practical to me

Misses the bigger picture though doesn’t it? Nothing would constitute a bigger morale boost or media coup than to see Diaz and Foden routinely involved on match days. Instead Diaz appears on the bench about 1 game in 5 and gets almost zero time on the field, and Foden about 1 in 2 and the odd 10 minutes here and there. We have two potential world beaters at our disposal. For the sake of regular 10 minute cameos (doesn’t have to be every week, but certainly where circumstances are favourable), we’re seemingly prepared to jeopardise what could ultimately be millions in the transfer market. To some degree the media would find a way to be snide about it somehow I’ve no doubt, but I would honestly go down the rag’s route of guaranteeing a bench spot to a homegrown youngster every week. There’ll still be opportunities galore for everyone else in the squad.

Misses the bigger picture though doesn’t it? Nothing would constitute a bigger morale boost or media coup than to see Diaz and Foden routinely involved on match days. Instead Diaz appears on the bench about 1 game in 5 and gets almost zero time on the field, and Foden about 1 in 2 and the odd 10 minutes here and there. We have two potential world beaters at our disposal. For the sake of regular 10 minute cameos (doesn’t have to be every week, but certainly where circumstances are favourable), we’re seemingly prepared to jeopardise what could ultimately be millions in the transfer market. To some degree the media would find a way to be snide about it somehow I’ve no doubt, but I would honestly go down the rag’s route of guaranteeing a bench spot to a homegrown youngster every week. There’ll still be opportunities galore for everyone else in the squad.
I don't believe we should put either of them in the team to fill a quota or to get good media,they are considered first teamers so they have to earn a spot,we drew with wolves with our first team, we were expecting to thrash the geordies but didn't,there are no easy games,we are leaving out the likes of sane and nico as it is,we are covering for kev and that means our 1st team is needed,for me phil is the one who deserves a spot on the bench if we go with your idea,to me diaz holds onto the ball too long and keeps his head down,he doesn't seem ready to me from the little i have seen of him,i get the clamour for the kids but if we have to leave out our other players then no,except cup games,lets see what happens then

I don't believe we should put either of them in the team to fill a quota or to get good media,they are considered first teamers so they have to earn a spot,we drew with wolves with our first team, we were expecting to thrash the geordies but didn't,there are no easy games,we are leaving out the likes of sane and nico as it is,we are covering for kev and that means our 1st team is needed,for me phil is the one who deserves a spot on the bench if we go with your idea,to me diaz holds onto the ball too long and keeps his head down,he doesn't seem ready to me from the little i have seen of him,i get the clamour for the kids but if we have to leave out our other players then no,except cup games,lets see what happens then
And thats exactly why he needs to play senior football. To learn when to dribble and when to pass. He won’t get better by just training. Experience is all that he’s lacking at the minute. You don’t have a Messi in your Academy and tell him to stop dribbling. You play him, let him develop and learn when to pass and when to dribble. Let his losses of possession be a valuable lesson. That’s the only way forward for him.

Should've sold him with a buy back option

This kid is class, at the same level as Sancho & Foden and its gonna be sad to see 2 of the 3 leave

But the simple fact is he is not gonna play on the wings as he's up against Sterling, Mahrez, Sane, Bernardo & even Gabby....and while CM is lighter he'll be directly competing for Davids position which is where he's behind bernardo & Foden

Selling him and inserting a buy back (similar to Maffea, Angelinho etc) would've allowed him first team football for a couple years and a route back when he gets better

He also should be playing in the Checkatrade Cup. It’s all very good playing a bunch of 17 and 18 year olds, but most (if not all) of them will probably never get near the City first team so you might as well play the one player who actually has a slight chance of making it.

@twosips spot on in his latest video regarding Brahim. Only thing I disagree with him on is that Guardiola could've done more for him and isn't free from any blame if you just isolate the whole situation with Brahim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.