Brahim Diaz - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Diaz goes, then imo the whole concept of the academy, as Khaldoon sees it, is put into question.

It would mean that Foden, a local City fan, is the only player to actually come through, at City, after ten years.

Agreed. We're losing our top, top talents - who arguably have the highest potential possible at their age (particularly Sancho and Diaz) - and it will continue to be like this until we give them the opportunity.

From a personal point of view I feel like almost giving up on following the academy. After tracking the journeys of Sancho and Diaz from their signings and then through the age groups it was exciting, as I genuinely thought they'd be first team players one day.

While Foden coming through would still be a great achievement (actually phenomenal based on our track record), if Sancho and Diaz couldn't get the opportunities at City then almost nobody can.

If Diaz goes, then imo the whole concept of the academy, as Khaldoon sees it, is put into question.

It would mean that Foden, a local City fan, is the only player to actually come through, at City, after ten years.

Remember 3 years ago when in his end of year interview he championed Denayer, Lopes & Iheanacho as the break through stars?

And then last year in was Sancho, Diaz and Foden.

Not a good look for our Chairman to keep saying - "We've finally got X, Y and Z who are going to break through" and then end up having them leave 18 months later.

Would love to see more from Diaz. He’s always looked electric and it’s sonjard to do when he only ever gets 10 min max. Anyone know if he ever started a (competitive) game for us yet?

Agreed. We're losing our top, top talents - who arguably have the highest potential possible at their age (particularly Sancho and Diaz) - and it will continue to be like this until we give them the opportunity.

From a personal point of view I feel like almost giving up on following the academy. After tracking the journeys of Sancho and Diaz from their signings and then through the age groups it was exciting, as I genuinely thought they'd be first team players one day.

While Foden coming through would still be a great achievement (actually phenomenal based on our track record), if Sancho and Diaz couldn't get the opportunities at City then almost nobody can.

I gave up when Pellegrini was in charge.

We had a load of kids then, many of whom, imo, should have been fast tracked into our first team squad, who were clearly allowing their effort & performance levels to drop.

Imo, that crop of kids was one of the best we have ever had, in regard of ability. The way they were disregarded, I said at the time, would have consequences for the future & I stopped going to the games.

If barely any of them get on the pitch with the first team, it sets a precedent &, rightly or wrongly, those who follow will look at that team & having seen players of that quality, not even becoming regular squad/bit part players, at a time when the team is not performing & players are getting old, then look at the squad now, & what chance would they really expect to get now, in this squad, if those players back then, can't even get a sniff ?

It's not Pep's fault as such,the problem is from previous times, but he can do more to turn it round.

If he gets Diaz on the pitch, this situation may still be resolved in City's favour.

Remember 3 years ago when in his end of year interview he championed Denayer, Lopes & Iheanacho as the break through stars?

And then last year in was Sancho, Diaz and Foden.

Not a good look for our Chairman to keep saying - "We've finally got X, Y and Z who are going to break through" and then end up having them leave 18 months later.

Lopes was a real fucking mess.

He played in a cup semi final, was great & barely played afterwards. Presumably because he wasn't Lionel Messi MKII in his other games.

Yep, you'd have to think it's set up along the lines at Chelsea, as a money making exercise and not about bringing players through and giving them a chance

Should have just sold him this window. Obviously doesn't want to be here and clearly isn't going to displace any of the main squad any time soon.

Got his apparent wish of not going on loan, which I still think is a very odd decision, and still doesn't want to sign a new contract so frankly I'm past caring.
I think it’s pretty obvious that he wants to be here but he can’t see himself ever getting a fair chance to show what he can do.

Because he knows he’s not going to get a proper chance in the first team. It’s pretty fucking simple really. You think if Pep told him he’d get 30+ games this season he wouldn’t sign a contract? Of course he would.

Yes and because he isn't going to get that, he doesn't want to be here. Think before you type man.

I think it’s pretty obvious that he wants to be here but he can’t see himself ever getting a fair chance to show what he can do.

How is it pretty obvious? If he wanted to stay he'd sign the bloody contract and stay. We are offering him the chance to stay and he is 'pretty obviously' not into it. He might want to stay if the situation were completely different sure, but since it isn't, that's totally irrelevant.

It’s a difficult equation and although Khaldoon has mentioned the youngsters and the academy, he has also said that the first team’s success will never be compromised. And hand on heart, how many would trade less points against seeing more youngsters play?

It’s tough, but to be a successful team, there will be a couple of goodbyes to youngsters that don’t make it. Nearly there is unfortunately not good enough. Also, Diaz hasn’t shown much when he’s gotten the chance. Blistering pace, good technique, yes, but he has also dribbled a lot til he loses the ball and refused to pass altough good opportunities have been there. Foden has shown much more imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.