Brahim Diaz - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think pep said the matter is out of his hands. The ball is in Diaz court. He doesn't sound confident Diaz will sign I guess after what happened with Sancho and how he is developing now. Can't blame either parties. Hopefully he decides to stay but best wishes if he leaves hopefully not to one of our rivals though.

The ball is firmly in Pep's court. Pep's the one saying he wants him to stay and there's obvious response to that if that's what the club truly wants - give him meaningful minutes. Pep picks the teams, so it's completely in his hands.

If the club can't give him game time, he will leave, simple as. If we can, we might just convince him that he can develop and have a future here.

If the club can't give him game time, he will leave, simple as. If we can, we might just convince him that he can develop and have a future here.

Well he’s leaving then. Other then cup games he isn’t going to play and he’s not getting in the team ahead of others

The ball is firmly in Pep's court. Pep's the one saying he wants him to stay and there's obvious response to that if that's what the club truly wants - give him meaningful minutes. Pep picks the teams, so it's completely in his hands.

No player gets to play over the good of the team and the victory,he is a kid and there is a pecking order,thats just the way it is,he either has patience and backs himself to get through here or he doesn't,we can't keep every kid happy just to keep them here

Well yeah if you want to put it that way. But it’s unrealistic for pep or any manager whose team is challenging for the title to guarantee minutes to a kid over more experienced players. It sets a dangerous precedence.

We need to make the final push to get him to stay now.

Pep said it’s not up to him but he can play a major role. Include Brahim on the bench this weekend as a reward for his match winning two goals. Try to get him on if we are cruising.

Continue to play Diaz a little more often and if he doesn’t sign by January then it will be clear he’s leaving, so he should never again be included in the 18.

I think that is the reason we haven't seen that much of him so far. With Sancho pep was very clear, he would only go with the first team on the pre season tour if he signed his contract, he didn't and pep didn't back down. If he commits his future to us he will be rewarded.

I think that is the reason we haven't seen that much of him so far. With Sancho pep was very clear, he would only go with the first team on the pre season tour if he signed his contract, he didn't and pep didn't back down. If he commits his future to us he will be rewarded.

I don't think it's quite as simple as that. Couldnt find a more dedicated member of the squad than Zinchenko and he can barely get on the bench these days

I don't think it's quite as simple as that. Couldnt find a more dedicated member of the squad than Zinchenko and he can barely get on the bench these days

I get what your saying Ste but I think they are completely different circumstances. Brahim is a genuine candidate along with Foden to become regular first team players, I fear Zin is nothing more than a player we will make a profit on like Kelechi, maffeo, unal etc

After all we made it quite clear that Zin was available in the summer.

Why not offer him a lucrative deal now, comparable to the likes of Gundogan and Delph, rather than wait until his existing contract winds down? At least we would get good bucks off Real Madrid if he leaves. I just don't understand why Pep says it's all down to the lad. He is passing the buck in my view. Foden likewise.

Why not offer him a lucrative deal now, comparable to the likes of Gundogan and Delph, rather than wait until his existing contract winds down? At least we would get good bucks off Real Madrid if he leaves. I just don't understand why Pep says it's all down to the lad. He is passing the buck in my view. Foden likewise.
Are you joking? he is 18,give him a massive contract now and it'll be the ruining of him

It sets a bad precedent to reward young players (with little playing time) with massive deals comparative to say Gundogan who has earned it through his experience. You will get older players demanding more money because they should be making more than kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.