Brahim Diaz - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The frustrating thing for me is that we can give Sane (two seasons ago), Bernardo (last season) and Mahrez this season a few months to bed in, but we’ll never afford Brahim the same opportunity. He made his debut for us two years ago now, and he’s played about 40 minutes of Premier League football since. What exactly is the long term plan for him?
There is no plan for him, quite obvious. Or maybe there was the usual City plan of shipping him to loan somewhere never to be seen again. Rumours of Girona in the summer... looksl iike he has good reps and did not fall for it. Personally I would have signed DM for 60 million and started to integrate Brahim.

Why we can't start at least one of Foden or Brahim in full strength XI against easy teams like Huddersfield etc? Do we really need to play absolutely full XI to beat these teams? I don't think so.

Really hope we can keep hold of this lad, he can go to the very top in my opinion. With the lack of game time we can give him and the failure to secure him a decent loan this season at a top club, I wouldn't blame his team for advising him to go elsewhere.

The thing is I think he does love the club and sees what he could have here at City if he does make it, he and Foden could be academy lads turned club legends some day.

As long as Brahim never starts in an almost full strength XI, I don`t think he will ever have the chance to show that he is good enough to play a part for us in the future. Getting the last 5 mins of a game that`s already over or starting in a game where he is 1 of 7-8 changes, won`t show perfectly how he would look in our team. Last season he started one game (vs Leicester in the Carabao Cup) in a B team that included Bravo, Tosin, Manga, Zinchenko, Yaya etc. Pretty big difference between playing in that team and a team with Ederson, Dinho, KDB, Merlin, Raz. The most annoying part for me is that Brahim never gets a chance when other players fail to perform. I love Leroy and his 17/18 season was great, but he also had some incredibly bad games. Especially I remember that he was very bad for almost 2 months straight in november and december (apart from a Spurs game if i remember correctly), but Diaz never got the chance when Sane disappointed. I think Diaz is an incredibly talented player, and we should try to tie him up to a new contract and start to play him. Think he would be great on the left wing cutting inside with Mendy overlapping on the outside. Still haven`t lost all hope of him signing a new contract due to his tweet a couple weeks ago (saying that he was so happy) and it also seems he has formed a very close friendship with Laporte

It will be a real shame if he slips through our fingers and is given a chance elsewhere.

Sancho and Diaz has the potential to be close to Sterling & Sane.

We lost the 1st, hopefully we will learn and manage to keep the 2nd.

The frustrating thing for me is that we can give Sane (two seasons ago), Bernardo (last season) and Mahrez this season a few months to bed in, but we’ll never afford Brahim the same opportunity. He made his debut for us two years ago now, and he’s played about 40 minutes of Premier League football since. What exactly is the long term plan for him?
The reason is because he didn't cost lots of money. If we had bought him for 30 millions from Malaga last season he'd have started many games. He's one of the best raw talents I've ever seen and all he needs now is playing senior football (at a good level) to take the next step. We had done a brilliant job in securing three of the best young talents in the world (Sancho, Foden, Diaz) but what seems clear to me is that we have no idea how to integrate them into our first team. Sancho is gone already and despite Diaz being incredibly talented I can't see him ever get a fair chance here. Foden might get a chance if we get some more injuries, but Diaz is too far behind in the pecking order and even if all our wingers suddenly got injured we'd rather buy a new one or change the system than giving him one chance to prove himself. He was good enough for a part time role last season, still he barely got any minutes and then we bought Mahrez this summer. We should be ashamed of our treatment of him and for his sake I just think we should let him go and pick a new club next season. I can't see what use he or we (apart from more money if he sell him) would get from him signing a new deal.

The reason is because he didn't cost lots of money. If we had bought him for 30 millions from Malaga last season he'd have started many games. He's one of the best raw talents I've ever seen and all he needs now is playing senior football (at a good level) to take the next step. We had done a brilliant job in securing three of the best young talents in the world (Sancho, Foden, Diaz) but what seems clear to me is that we have no idea how to integrate them into our first team. Sancho is gone already and despite Diaz being incredibly talented I can't see him ever get a fair chance here. Foden might get a chance if we get some more injuries, but Diaz is too far behind in the pecking order and even if all our wingers suddenly got injured we'd rather buy a new one or change the system than giving him one chance to prove himself. He was good enough for a part time role last season, still he barely got any minutes and then we bought Mahrez this summer. We should be ashamed of our treatment of him and for his sake I just think we should let him go and pick a new club next season. I can't see what use he or we (apart from more money if he sell him) would get from him signing a new deal.
Pep out, clearly clueless.

Sané is 22, Silva is 24, Mahrez 27. Diaz has just turned 19.
Sané was already a matchwinner in the Bundesliga, Silva a Ligue 1 winner with Monaco, Mahrez a PFA player of the year.
Diaz is very talented, but he's not at that level yet and has much to learn. Why should we be bedding him into the first team?

Sané is 22, Silva is 24, Mahrez 27. Diaz has just turned 19.
Sané was already a matchwinner in the Bundesliga, Silva a Ligue 1 winner with Monaco, Mahrez a PFA player of the year.
Diaz is very talented, but he's not at that level yet and has much to learn. Why should we be bedding him into the first team?

So how does Diaz get to that level then, if we never play him and he doesn’t go out on loan either?

The lad has talent in abundance that is clearly evident. I hope we utilise him and foden more this season but we may not see it happen until the cup competitions come around and kick in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.