Brahim Diaz (signed for Real)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden, being more of a CM than Brahim, will benefit more from staying with Pep to perfect his positional play.

Brahim on the other hand, esp. given his height, would benefit more from playing against men and mature tactics (as opposed to the U23 league). The Championship would be more physical but playing in Spain he'd face better tactics, not to mention better players. Maffeo succeeded at Girona and I've little doubt that Brahim would too, he's better than anyone we've sent there and he's a fighter.
I think he is used to be technically superior to those around him and thus keeps the ball too much. The Championship would “cure” him of that problem!

from the bits I've seen of them both, Diaz is better than fodden at present imho

Looks like he’s off. Surely this is one we should have done more to keep hold of.

Is anyone to blame for that?
Is it an unavoidable problem of the modern game?
Is he really going to get more game time at Real Madrid?

Looks like he’s off. Surely this is one we should have done more to keep hold of.

I personally don’t know what more we could have done. Like Foden he’s been on the fringes, trained with the squad and started cup games. Maybe it’s the pull of going back to Spain for him, but I don’t think it’s the best time for a youngster to go to RM.

So long as we keep signing big ticket squad players then this will keep happening. If we sign Isco and I were Foden I’d be off. At some point we have to start giving young players a real chance to establish themselves.

I personally don’t know what more we could have done. Like Foden he’s been on the fringes, trained with the squad and started cup games. Maybe it’s the pull of going back to Spain for him, but I don’t think it’s the best time for a youngster to go to RM.

Could they not play one of them against Cardiff and the likes?
If Sancho can now be fairly regular for Dortmund, I don’t see how he could not have played games last season for us against weaker teams, and the same goes for Foden and Diaz now.

We’ll just end up buying an equivalent for 50m+ in the future!

If people are referring to the daily mail article then i would not worry to much yet. The article is 100% conjecture and guess work it looks like upon reading.

I am not being defensive or precious that some player would dare leave us, it just has no quotes and revolves around this bit of text... "Whether Real would appeal to him, as a similarly sized club and squad, remains to be seen, but the chance to move back to Spain and join the European champions is reportedly on the table." That musing/guess is the source and nucleation point for the whole article.

That almost annoys me as an article as the title even has quotes "Real Madrid 'increasingly confident' of signing Manchester City's Brahim Diaz for free as his contract talks stall"

If he goes then fair enough, i prefer he stay but i won't lose sleep over it. The only way this is article is correct is if Diaz has leaked his desire to play more to the reporter, lots of players do this these days. If that is the case then fair do's. Just reading it though it looks, literally, 100% like a rumour that the reporter has started.

This situation is going to happen more and more. With a world class academy we are going to produce many a fine player, but having a world class squad means any player is going to have to be exceptional and also he will have to fit in the squad in the correct position. Hopefully we wont lose too many on a free but we get some good transfer fees. Good luck to him if he does leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.