Brandon Barker for Navas?

Paulmcfc2703 said:
I am stunned at the responses in this thread.

If a team of Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Mangala, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Milner, Silva, Barker & Aguero cant beat Boro we have serious problems.

We need to use games against teams in lower leagues to blood the kids. This is a perfect opportunity. We give Barker a chance and in turn rest Navas for Chelsea.

The West Ham game was already won and was the best time to give Lopes a start. We gave him another start against Watford and struggled to the point of him not featuring for the rest of last season.

It does seem that there's a touch of "flavour of the month" about this thread. Pozo was given 20 mins against Sheffield Wednesday and did very well. He then played out of position for a couple games during our striker crisis. He didn't do badly but was clearly not completely suited to the role he had to play.

Now it seems that on Bluemoon Pozo has been forgotten, the campaign is to get Barker in the team. Surely, if we're serious about junior development, Pozo is still at the front of the queue? What would it do for his development if Barker suddently leap frogs over him? What message would that send out to the other juniors? Play a couple of times for the first team and you're on the scrapheap? If any of the juniors are to start (and realistically its only going to be one of them) it has to be Pozo.

Or is Pozo injured?

cibaman said:
It does seem that there's a touch of "flavour of the month" about this thread. Pozo was given 20 mins against Sheffield Wednesday and did very well. He then played out of position for a couple games during our striker crisis. He didn't do badly but was clearly not completely suited to the role he had to play.

Now it seems that on Bluemoon Pozo has been forgotten, the campaign is to get Barker in the team. Surely, if we're serious about junior development, Pozo is still at the front of the queue? What would it do for his development if Barker suddently leap frogs over him? What message would that send out to the other juniors? Play a couple of times for the first team and you're on the scrapheap? If any of the juniors are to start (and realistically its only going to be one of them) it has to be Pozo.

Or is Pozo injured?

There isn't a flavor of the month at all. Its just Barker has been brilliant and the thread is about him..... Pozo obviously should still be getting chances.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
mosssideblue said:
twosips said:
So we're not allowed to think he has the potential and ability based on his viewings in the EDS game?

I think he's good enough cos i've watched his game and i think he just about everything you'd want from a modern footballer to succeed at the very highest level eventually and we need to give him game time to help push him on.

Arguing he's only ever done it in the EDS as a negative means that youre saying EDS means nowt and not one player EVER could go straight from the EDS into the first team by your standards which is, quite frankly, bullshit.

My goodness, I wish people would read a thread properly before responding with kneejerk typicality.

Where did I say in my post that your not allowed to think he has potential?
Youv'e watched him compete with PL or Championship players? thought not
He's everything youd want from a modern footballer - this was what you decided to throw back at me, but you havn't answered it (along with others who has stated the same) WHAT HAS HE GOT?
Doing it in the EDS is far different from doing it in the PL. Your counter argument suggests those two leagues are on the same level

Anyway, not wanting a pissing contest with you but would rather you read a post properly before going off on one.

he only gonna prove himself by getting a proper chance in games like the boro one. no one has said anything about the eds being on the same level at the premier league. But you've just basically said the eds doesn't count and its a false argument. theres no point in the eds then. Barkley, shaw, chambers, sterling, Stones all managed to get in there first team, because they were deemed good enough at youth level. How our young players meant to progress if your saying thew eds team doesn't count.

loads of of posters have described what he has got. Pace skill, goal scoring ability he's been amazing all year. how can you possibly describe what else he has got ?.

I haven't said that at all, and you know that, so I will try a differect tact to get my point over. I have said that because he has proven himself in the EDS does not automatically mean he will perform at that level in the PL when facing hardened / wisened old pros.

An anlogy as I see it would be the EDS is akin to scratch golfers whereas the PL are tour players. Not many club pros can earn a living on tour, but there bloody good players non the less.

I'm not saying at all we shouldn't use EDS players in the first team, but IMO the time is not quite right whilst were competing for silverware and not performing as we should.

I can't believe some of the post's I've read on here....

'Navas isn't good enough, don't even mention his assists because I could get some in that team' has to be the best of them.

Navas is incomprehensibly better than any of our other 'wingers' because he is the only out and out winger in the squad. He does a good job and must have played every game since the middle of November - a time period where we've lost one game! People need to get a sense of reality. Barker is good enough to be tested in the first team as a squad player, but shouldn't be considered as anything more. I come from the view point that our squad is good enough and we should be playing our best 11 available regardless of opposition or upcoming fixtures. He needs to go out on loan and get regular first team football before he'll be up to the standard we require at City.

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
Didn't get to watch the match. Did he play well?
Basicly started and played the first half which was largely uneventful and replaced after the break, ambrose come on second half and was stretchered off after 8 mins. Evans however who is the least talked about out of the four youth players on the trip played second half and had a stormer.

mosssideblue said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
I am stunned at the responses in this thread (1).

If a team of Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Mangala, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Milner, Silva, Barker & Aguero cant beat Boro we have serious problems (2).

(3) We need to use games against teams in lower leagues to blood the kids. (4) This is a perfect opportunity. We give Barker a chance and in turn rest Navas for Chelsea.

(1) Why are you stunned, you have an arguement for and many have an argument against, that's human nature
(2) no one would disagree
(3) few would disagree
(4) I would diasgree (others may or may not) not because he's not good enough (I couldn't say he is or he isn't), but the first team need time collectively together the fix the things that are broken

Whatever our collective views on this whether in agreement or poles apart, youth will only get a chance when the boss determines that the circumstances are right.

Whoever plays on Sat, we will all be routing for
Fuck me what a strange response.

I am surprised because the general consensus of those who don't want him to start are due to us maybe losing against Boro.

However having been on Bluemoon for 7 years thank you for pointing out the basic principle of a difference of opinion on a forum

Paulmcfc2703 said:
mosssideblue said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
I am stunned at the responses in this thread (1).

If a team of Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Mangala, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Milner, Silva, Barker & Aguero cant beat Boro we have serious problems (2).

(3) We need to use games against teams in lower leagues to blood the kids. (4) This is a perfect opportunity. We give Barker a chance and in turn rest Navas for Chelsea.

(1) Why are you stunned, you have an arguement for and many have an argument against, that's human nature
(2) no one would disagree
(3) few would disagree
(4) I would diasgree (others may or may not) not because he's not good enough (I couldn't say he is or he isn't), but the first team need time collectively together the fix the things that are broken

Whatever our collective views on this whether in agreement or poles apart, youth will only get a chance when the boss determines that the circumstances are right.

Whoever plays on Sat, we will all be routing for
Fuck me what a strange response.

I am surprised because the general consensus of those who don't want him to start are due to us maybe losing against Boro.

However having been on Bluemoon for 7 years thank you for pointing out the basic principle of a difference of opinion on a forum

No need to thank me:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.