Brandon Barker for Navas?

Barker for Milner would be a more sensible suggestion, given Nasri's injury we have a hole on the left wing. I see the friendly and FA Cup game this week as a real chance for either Barker or Celina to show that they can step up and play that left wing role. I'm not a Milner fan at all and I'd love to see us play with proper wingers at some point. With Nasri injured, we might have to fast track someone ahead of schedule, as I cannot see us winning much with Milner and Navas on the wings every game

Navas is a world cup winner, Barker is an 18 year old reserve player. Whats all this talk of swapping the two, they play on different wings? Why not give Angelino a go at right back instead of Sagna on saturday while we're at it? I do think Barker is ready for a cameo of the bench, but not sure what its got to do with Navas?

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
de niro said:
we have never had a winger that works as hard as nevas. defensively too.

Agree. He gets moaned at for not delivering the ball earlier or running at his man but when he does there's nobody in the box. Bonys arrival will help him hugely.
Correct ! He can't cross if there's no beggar there !

mansour's tow ropes said:
Navas is a world cup winner, Barker is an 18 year old reserve player. Whats all this talk of swapping the two, they play on different wings? Why not give Angelino a go at right back instead of Sagna on saturday while we're at it? I do think Barker is ready for a cameo of the bench, but not sure what its got to do with Navas?

We play with one out and out wide man which is Navas, who continually fails to deliver. Does it really matter the fuck that our wide man plays on the other side if, as I suspect would be the case, we actually see some product!

Time for a change, because if we can't give the lad ago now, just when could we play him?

Incidentally I don't think anyone denies Navas tracks back, the problem is his tracking forward!

I would definately have him on the bench on saturday against Boro. Give him 20 or 30 mins against a tiring defence. I think he's perfect for an impact sub with is direct running and speed.

BigOscar said:
Barker for Milner would be a more sensible suggestion, given Nasri's injury we have a hole on the left wing. I see the friendly and FA Cup game this week as a real chance for either Barker or Celina to show that they can step up and play that left wing role. I'm not a Milner fan at all and I'd love to see us play with proper wingers at some point. With Nasri injured, we might have to fast track someone ahead of schedule, as I cannot see us winning much with Milner and Navas on the wings every game

I wouldn't even contemplate doing that even if Milner is going to leave at the end of the season. There would be too much pressure on the kid to thrown him in the middle of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.