Brandon Barker for Navas?

If you read my OP you'll see I said rest Navas not bomb him. I think he is better than many say and I'm not suggesting Barker will replace him full time. It seems we play with one natural wide man so why not change it and put Barker on the left and Milner on the right on Saturday? Give the kid a shot.

Ray78 said:
BigOscar said:
Barker for Milner would be a more sensible suggestion, given Nasri's injury we have a hole on the left wing. I see the friendly and FA Cup game this week as a real chance for either Barker or Celina to show that they can step up and play that left wing role. I'm not a Milner fan at all and I'd love to see us play with proper wingers at some point. With Nasri injured, we might have to fast track someone ahead of schedule, as I cannot see us winning much with Milner and Navas on the wings every game

I wouldn't even contemplate doing that even if Milner is going to leave at the end of the season. There would be too much pressure on the kid to thrown him in the middle of the season.
If we lose to Chelsea, then we're rapidly approaching the point where there really isn't much pressure for the rest of the season. Needs must, we might just have to throw someone in at the deep end if we continue to look so easy to stop.

Once a scapegoat always a scapegoat .FFS Navas worked his ass off ..tracked back and had shots on target ....gifted perfect cross on plate for Kun and Jove to tap in ...
Who the fuck you want him to cross when we have only one player surrounded by Five of them ? Our style is possession play not fucking swing a cross and hope for the best.

We didn't lose yesterday co'z of Navas.. Why no one moans about untouchable Vinny? He was the one who gave away easy pk .He is the captain and a defender who is responsible for keeping our defense intact .

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
de niro said:
we have never had a winger that works as hard as nevas. defensively too.

Agree. He gets moaned at for not delivering the ball earlier or running at his man but when he does there's nobody in the box. Bonys arrival will help him hugely.
I agree, he was frustrating against arsenal but so was the majority of the team. He does so much work defensively and he hasn't quite had the same impact going forward since we lost Álvaro so hopefully he will click with bony. We do need another attacking option as we are a little predictable at times especially when silva or nasri are injured, what better chance to test him than against a in form championship team rather than a premier league team.

BigOscar said:
Ray78 said:
BigOscar said:
Barker for Milner would be a more sensible suggestion, given Nasri's injury we have a hole on the left wing. I see the friendly and FA Cup game this week as a real chance for either Barker or Celina to show that they can step up and play that left wing role. I'm not a Milner fan at all and I'd love to see us play with proper wingers at some point. With Nasri injured, we might have to fast track someone ahead of schedule, as I cannot see us winning much with Milner and Navas on the wings every game

I wouldn't even contemplate doing that even if Milner is going to leave at the end of the season. There would be too much pressure on the kid to thrown him in the middle of the season.
If we lose to Chelsea, then we're rapidly approaching the point where there really isn't much pressure for the rest of the season. Needs must, we might just have to throw someone in at the deep end if we continue to look so easy to stop.

it will take Barker or any EDS player a while to fit into the squad and to get some kind of understanding with his team mates. Not ideal in the middle of the season, especially when there are still a few twists and turns to come in the title race.

chicagoblues said:
Once a scapegoat always a scapegoat .FFS Navas worked his ass off ..tracked back and had shots on target ....gifted perfect cross on plate for Kun and Jove to tap in ...
Who the fuck you want him to cross when we have only one player surrounded by Five of them ? Our style is possession play not fucking swing a cross and hope for the best.

We didn't lose yesterday co'z of Navas.. Why no one moans about untouchable Vinny? He was the one who gave away easy pk .He is the captain and a defender who is responsible for keeping our defense intact .
Yaya was away, Dzeko and Jovetic didn't start, Nasri was injured and Kolarov didn't play so they need someone else to blame.

what harm could it do for the boro game.. We are playing a championship side. We can play barker and then the first team. He deserves a chance. If we can't give a player like him at least ten minutes then whats the point in the academy.

If you had found a decent midfielder to show one of those two in midfield on Sunday how it's done, I might have been inclined to agree.

Navas was arguably our best player. The majority of the rest were wank so it wasn't hard but he has been in the right places in recent weeks and whilst his final ball hasn't been great, the rest has been good.

Without Yaya and Nasri there appears very little midfield creativity in our side. Arsenal had a plan to deny Silva and I'm sure Chelsea will look to do similar.

Navas frustrates many because he seems to lack guile/intelligence, when and how to deliver a cross or pass. He does have blistering pace and works hard but frequently fails to deliver. It's such a pity we did not get Isco, Sanchez or Di Maria.

Barker has impressed for the EDS but as others have said it is a big step up to top level PL games. Hopefully the midweek friendly plus the FA cup will give him a run out amongst the senior players.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Navas is a world cup winner, Barker is an 18 year old reserve player. Whats all this talk of swapping the two, they play on different wings? Why not give Angelino a go at right back instead of Sagna on saturday while we're at it? I do think Barker is ready for a cameo of the bench, but not sure what its got to do with Navas?

Ha, well said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.