Brandon Barker for Navas?

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Navas is too easy a scapegoat. Our best attacking outlet yesterday. People need to get off his back.

Too true. Navas was our best player on Sunday. He worked his socks off. OK his crosses weren't great but most of the time it didn't seem that there was anybody in blue in front of the goal to whom he could have passed.

Definitely give Barker a go but would it be fair on him to start him and then probably substitute him? Would it not be better to bring him on in the second half when we're hopefully, a couple of goals to the good?

I'd rather have Ronnie Barker than Navas, he was woeful on Sunday.
Don't want to crucify Jesus a second time, but he's a bit lightweight, at present.

chicagoblues said:
Once a scapegoat always a scapegoat .FFS Navas worked his ass off ..tracked back and had shots on target ....gifted perfect cross on plate for Kun and Jove to tap in ...
Who the fuck you want him to cross when we have only one player surrounded by Five of them ? Our style is possession play not fucking swing a cross and hope for the best.

We didn't lose yesterday co'z of Navas.. Why no one moans about untouchable Vinny? He was the one who gave away easy pk .He is the captain and a defender who is responsible for keeping our defense intact .

Couldn't believe the stick navas got in so many ways he was our best player. No one worked harder, no one got the ball more, no one threatened them as much - his delivery was poor but no one else on our team looked like getting close to attempting a cross bar him. It Also frustrates me that out other players didn't offer him more variety as too many times he was left to try and beat three arsenal players with his cross to a marked striker and that at best is a low % shot.

He has been close to our best player on a consistent basis this year and we should be working on his crossing but even more in having the strikers attacking the near post, peeling off a bit better and positioning better

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Navas is too easy a scapegoat. Our best attacking outlet yesterday. People need to get off his back.

Your right to an extent but he needs to improve his decision making ,

Barker will probably play for 5 minutes people will moan than go buy somebody for 30 million in the next window. The days of academy are over unfortunately. I even heard pelligrini say "we don't have any strikers" when dzeko, kun and jovetic were injured. Great way to give pozo confidence.

Depends on the game for me. If we need the defensive part of the game it would have to be Navas every time as his energy/workrate is very good but if that's not an issue and it's just attack/cross/shoot then for me Barker should be given a go. Against Hamburg he 100% should start to see what he is made of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.