Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Scored again tonight.The blog suggested he had a good game and linked up well with Angelino.

Brandon is a genuine talent and needs to be carefully looked after. One on one tonight with their right back was a mis match. He can go both ways has quick feet and a great turn of pace especially over a short distance. He can cross,pass and has an eye for goal.

Not sure how he handles being clattered.Not sure whether he can keep his feet firmly on the ground and consistently turn in quality performances but he is looking very very good at the moment.

I was at the game tonight, and he was superb in the 45 minutes that he played, assisting 2 goals, scoring a great solo effort and shooting narrowly wide from another chance he'd created for himself with his dribbling ability.

He has the potential to be a world-class footballer; he's more naturally talented and multi-dimensional than Navas, and more direct and incisive than Nasri. His ability to effortlessly beat a man will be a huge asset to us; the keep-ball philosophy being cultivated throughout the club becomes futile without that explosive capacity to beat a few men in the final third.

Barker's potential is on a par with James Wilson's, and it's important we manage his development correctly; he could very well be the first superstar to emerge from our new academy set-up, and hopefully the first of many Mancunians to force their way into the first team, in the process helping us forge the kind of authentic identity that is currently missing in the first team, the kind of identity that is seemingly essential to have sustained success at the very top level of European football.

.A. said:
I was at the game tonight, and he was superb in the 45 minutes that he played, assisting 2 goals, scoring a great solo effort and shooting narrowly wide from another chance he'd created for himself with his dribbling ability.

He has the potential to be a world-class footballer; he's more naturally talented and multi-dimensional than Navas, and more direct and incisive than Nasri. His ability to effortlessly beat a man will be a huge asset to us; the keep-ball philosophy being cultivated throughout the club becomes futile without that explosive capacity to beat a few men in the final third.

Barker's potential is on a par with James Wilson's, and it's important we manage his development correctly; he could very well be the first superstar to emerge from our new academy set-up, and hopefully the first of many Mancunians to force their way into the first team, in the process helping us forge the kind of authentic identity that is currently missing in the first team, the kind of identity that is seemingly essential to have sustained success at the very top level of European football.

I think players who are outstanding in the EDS should be rewarded with involvement in the first team squad , whatever their age. We have missed one opportunity, vs Newcastle. Hope Pozo gets a sniff of the team this week & Barker very soon, even if they don't get on the pitch. Show them they are close, & that what they are doing, matters.

He was brilliant tonight away at Spurs U21. Quiet during the first half up against Kyle Walker but switched to play on the right in the second half and was a real threat cutting inside and out. Always on the front foot looking to go past players and make an impact. Spurs fans were asking who he was too.

I'm sure Patrick will know when he's ready to start training with the first team, and once he shows there that he can compete he will hopefully get some game time in the cup.

dajd1984 said:
He was brilliant tonight away at Spurs U21. Quiet during the first half up against Kyle Walker but switched to play on the right in the second half and was a real threat cutting inside and out. Always on the front foot looking to go past players and make an impact. Spurs fans were asking who he was too.

I'm sure Patrick will know when he's ready to start training with the first team, and once he shows there that he can compete he will hopefully get some game time in the cup.

if he was quiet against a not match-fit Kyle Walker then he's not ready for the first team yet.

I have seen Barker a few times this season for both City and England and you can tell he has something special about him.

What he lacks is consistency as he does go missing in games at times, but saying that one minute you wonder where he is and what is he doing and the next he will come up with a fantastic dribble, assist or goal so I suppose that is a good sign in some regard.

sam-caddick said:
I have seen Barker a few times this season for both City and England and you can tell he has something special about him.

What he lacks is consistency as he does go missing in games at times, but saying that one minute you wonder where he is and what is he doing and the next he will come up with a fantastic dribble, assist or goal so I suppose that is a good sign in some regard.
lack of consistency,is the hallmark of youth

ped said:
sam-caddick said:

lack of consistency,is the hallmark of youth
Exactly. If he was consistently good he'd be in our team and Englands

I just have a feeling that Brandon would flourish with better players.

I don't see any reason why the odd game on the bench couldn't happen. If we are winning comfortably then he could get 10 or 15 minutes.

Absolutely no reason he shouldn't be on the bench sometimes for the first team.

Players like him can offer something in certain games, even if it doesn't work every time due to their youth. He is an unknown to the opposition, & it only needs him to surprise the defender once to perhaps win a game. A worthwhile option to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.