Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
I think we will see our academy players getting a chance because now some are starting to look like they can be good enough.

I don't see us doing what Liverpool did with Sterling for example and put him in at 17, I think unless we have someone truly exceptional then I don't see them getting regular game time until after a few loans.

It might be 21-22 until Brandon sees our first team in the league, same with Lopes and Pozo.

These players will get a few cup game experiences but to become a regular they will go on loan until they are ready in my opinion.

Like I said, unless we have the next Messi I can't see many becoming regulars before they are 21.

Ryan Mason at Tottenham has been on loan after loan until he was 23 and eventually properly broke into the Spurs team.

Who gave MESSI the chance also was he scoring shit loads of goals in the reserves/B team?

He must be next in line for a loan,I'd like to think he has the technical ability for a Prem club,however,he may be better going to a decent Championship club where he can develop the physical side of his game at a lesser level.
A club like Derby would be ideal,McClaren has his team playing decent football.

I'd of thought we might send him over to somewhere like Holland or Portugal for a year, where the game is less physical and more conjusive to young, attacking players developing, like what Rusnak is doing. Rusnaks having a great time playing in the Eredevise, after being pretty much bullied out of the Birmingham team in the Championship due to his lack of physicality. I'd of thought Barker would get kicked all over the place in the Championship and I don't thnk it would do him much good.

Our loans to Celtic have gone well so far and for a first loan I would be happy for Celtic to take him on for a season if they want him.

Either that or Holland or possibly the Championship.

I think he is too good for League 1.

The physicality is something he will have to get used to. Ronaldo got kicked all over the place in his first few seasons here but adapted and then there was no stopping him. When you develop a reputation and referees know your game, that's when, generally you will get the free kicks you deserve. Barker will get kicked to shreds and the refs will let it go. It will teach him a lot, but I don't think it's necessarily what he needs to learn in that way. We want him to have the confidence of youth, to go and play his game and take people on, not get kicked and decide to pass the ball or cut inside too often.

I'd keep him around our setup for a while longer and build his reputation. The UEFA youth CL and competitions like that are useful for his development. Then see what clubs are interested and send him somewhere that will help him play his natural game. I'm sure both the club and player know he needs to bulk up a bit, but he's still young and doing too much could hamper his overall growth and affect his pace.

If we want to tailor how he progresses and what style of player we think he'd be best at becoming I'd reckon a loan to NYCFC would be on the cards. The MLS is a decent league enough league to challenge a kid, but it'd suggest it's much more important what he learns rather than ruin him with Championship hoof ball and repeatedly being kicked by thugs. At our sister club we could make sure he's learning the right skills, for the right style of play alongside Lampard and David Villa! We should control his development as much as we can.

sam-caddick said:
I think we will see our academy players getting a chance because now some are starting to look like they can be good enough.

I don't see us doing what Liverpool did with Sterling for example and put him in at 17, I think unless we have someone truly exceptional then I don't see them getting regular game time until after a few loans.

It might be 21-22 until Brandon sees our first team in the league, same with Lopes and Pozo.

These players will get a few cup game experiences but to become a regular they will go on loan until they are ready in my opinion.

Like I said, unless we have the next Messi I can't see many becoming regulars before they are 21.

Ryan Mason at Tottenham has been on loan after loan until he was 23 and eventually properly broke into the Spurs team.

if thats the case then we will have completely wasted 3-4 years of his talents. there are no players like messi and if we expect are youth to be that good straight away then theres no point.they need a chance in the team to develop not sit on the bench. Ryan mason is an example of someone being completely wasted in the reserves he was good enough a few years ago, but spurs took the attitude that expensive foreign players were better, they've now realized what a mistake that was, and he's finally being given a chance.

The newcastle game they had a 17 year old up front who outperformed all of our players, why can't we give players a chance like that in say cup games. If we had luke shaw here at 18 he wouldn't be given a chance until 23, which is just a waste. if he doesn't get a proper chance to prove himself ( he's not gonna be messi, we need to be patient with him) then he may swell leave

View From A Blue ‏@viewfromablue · 7m7 minutes ago
Hearing strong whispers there's a new face on the @MCFC bench tonight. Very exciting if true. Hopefully confirmed in just under 20 minutes.

??:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.