Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he actually need toughening up though? He's hardly an 8 stone weakling a la Willo Flood. I'd bet my house that Barker is bigger and stronger than Raheem Sterling, and he was never farmed off to the Championship to 'toughen up'.

He may not be a weakling, but he hasn't played against grown men who will try anything to stop him. For me though, I believe these loans are more about testing the mentality of a player. You see he will have had everything at his disposal at City, but now he is in a strange place with few friends about. The fact he is at a club at the bottom should not matter. What matters will be his application to the task ahead and if he can rise to the challenge in front of him.

Does he actually need toughening up though? He's hardly an 8 stone weakling a la Willo Flood. I'd bet my house that Barker is bigger and stronger than Raheem Sterling, and he was never farmed off to the Championship to 'toughen up'.

sorry I meant football wise by game time and being a first team player gives you the mentality that your a footballer and not just a boy in a youth setup.its the real world and the pressure that it matters to the fans that you win and give 100% its what he needs than just playing at EDS where you are not under pressure to win a game of football that's what I mean

He's taller but there's not a chance in hell that he's stronger. Sterling is ridiculously strong for a lad who's only 5' 7".

sorry I meant football wise by game time and being a first team player gives you the mentality that your a footballer and not just a boy in a youth setup.its the real world and the pressure that it matters to the fans that you win and give 100% its what he needs than just playing at EDS where you are not under pressure to win a game of football that's what I mean

If he stars there then comes back, having proven himself able vs older blokes, thus is then trusted in our first team squad, then the move will be a success. If he comes back, gets no games for City & farmed out again, like happened to Cole, it will be very disappointing.

I hope you are right, that we have not seen the last of him at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.