Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute non-story, the gist (in fact almost the entirety of it) is:

“I’ve been on the bench maybe nine or 10 times this season and its been frustrating not to play, but their team is full of world class players so it’s hard to break in,” said Barker.

Yeah it's the headline that gets the clicks and is all they want

Absolute non-story, the gist (in fact almost the entirety of it) is:

“I’ve been on the bench maybe nine or 10 times this season and its been frustrating not to play, but their team is full of world class players so it’s hard to break in,” said Barker.

Yeah all that does is proves how happy he was to see Garcia & Roberts play ahead of him, like some have been suggesting. He was obviously delighted.

I worry that he refers to 'their team'
I did wonder about that but put it down to the fact that he was a Rotherham player when he spoke to them. I'm not even sure who he gave the interview to, perhaps it was a local Rotherham reporter or Rotherham FC directly?

I did wonder about that but put it down to the fact that he was a Rotherham player when he spoke to them. I'm not even sure who he gave the interview to, perhaps it was a local Rotherham reporter or Rotherham FC directly?
Depends. Evans refers to us as 'we', although that might partly be down to him being a supporter as well.

I worry that he refers to 'their team'

Not worried by that. At the time he was probably sat in the Rotherham training ground wearing full team training kit talking to some local rag. You would want to try and build some affinity with the locals when you are out on loan so you would refer to your full time club that way.

Are you actually claiming that that little snippet proves you right?

I just find the reaction on these things quite funny each time. It's like reading a Utd forum.

It's so obviously the most critical a 19 year old player could possibly be, without wrecking his relationship with the club, & some folks just put their fingers in their ears & go 'la la la' 'can't hear anything'.

He can hardly say 'I'm sick & tired of being sat there while the old **** ignores me'. So he's said as much as he can, making it known, quite clearly, that he wasn't happy, without upsetting anyone, or causing trouble.

But it obviously needs spelling out better for some folks.

I just find the reaction on these things quite funny each time. It's like reading a Utd forum.

It's so obviously the most critical a 19 year old player could possibly be, without wrecking his relationship with the club, & some folks just put their fingers in their ears & go 'la la la' 'can't hear anything'.

He can hardly say 'I'm sick & tired of being sat there while the old **** ignores me'. So he's said as much as he can, making it known, quite clearly, that he wasn't happy, without upsetting anyone, or causing trouble.

But it obviously needs spelling out better for some folks.

Or you're just reading/seeing what you want to see to suit your argument?

He's 19, I sincerely doubt he sat there ahead of his interview wondering how he could make it perfectly clear he was unhappy without upsetting anyone. He said what he said and that's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.