Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barker v Belgium! <a class="postlink" href="https://t.co/qpaINE6SPM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://t.co/qpaINE6SPM</a>

This lad is starting to look quality. Don't see why pozo and barker can't be in the squad for newcastle, maybe even angelino too. Maybe not ready for the prem but if theyre our best prospects then they should be making appearances for the club.

If he's a winger and is as good as people say on here then get him in as he cant do any worse than Navas at the minute

Manchester_lalala said:
This lad is starting to look quality. Don't see why pozo and barker can't be in the squad for newcastle, maybe even angelino too. Maybe not ready for the prem but if theyre our best prospects then they should be making appearances for the club.

I'd be tempted to put them on the bench for sure.However,we need to make sure we take this competition seriously,it might just become that important.

FantasyIreland said:
Manchester_lalala said:

I'd be tempted to put them on the bench for sure.However,we need to make sure we take this competition seriously,it might just become that important.

Yeah definitely should be on the bench. I think we need a lift at this club at the minute, need a bit of freshness added to the squad. Nothing else could be better than giving a local lad his first appearence for the club. Don't think it would be a good idea starting him but I'd like to see him get a few minutes. Liverpool throwing sterling in at the deep end turned out well so what have we got to lose?

We never play any youngsters in premier games and it pisses me of im sure with 10 experience players they cqn carry a kid who would give a buzz and work his tripe of

Manchester_lalala said:
FantasyIreland said:
Manchester_lalala said:

Yeah definitely should be on the bench. I think we need a lift at this club at the minute, need a bit of freshness added to the squad. Nothing else could be better than giving a local lad his first appearence for the club. Don't think it would be a good idea starting him but I'd like to see him get a few minutes. Liverpool throwing sterling in at the deep end turned out well so what have we got to lose?

We should get a rough idea tomorrow if any youngsters are going to be included in the squad for Wednesday. Tomorrow evening the EDS play away against Leicester City. So if any regulars such as Pozo, Barker etc. aren't playing that could be a clue.

I can't believe we didn't have any youth players even in the squad last night. Newcastle played a 17 year old and a 19 year old they trusted them. Surely we could have given someone like barker or pozo 20 minutes at the end at least. We never give them a chance. What's the point in having an academy if they never play

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
I can't believe we didn't have any youth players even in the squad last night. Newcastle played a 17 year old and a 19 year old they trusted them. Surely we could have given someone like barker or pozo 20 minutes at the end at least. We never give them a chance. What's the point in having an academy if they never play

It's quite shocking really, I reckon having a youngster in that squad last night would of made a world of difference, not only would they not have been coasting but neither would the other ten who seemingly thought turning up was enough to win (at least, thats the impression I got from that performance. Supreme arrogance).

Seeing last nights team sheet made me wonder, coming in Pellers spoke about how youngsters should be given chances (something about promoting two a season or something similar). Has he actually been any good regarding youth? I mean, Mancini did abit in comparison but right now it feels ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.