Brazilian Players' Backlash - David Luiz & Ramires' Strikes

blueplan

Lets be honest.
Will any Brazilian players wanna come back?
After the way some of them (Elano, Robinho) were treated, rightly or wrongly.
After some of the hostile reception given to them?

Or for that matter any Brazilian players (Ronaldinho, Kaka, Maicon, Alves) consider us?

Why the perception? Is it a clash of football cultures? Or mismangement (pre Mancini)? Or the results of parochial fans & jingoistic media having a boner for home grown talent (bigging them) at the expense (diminishing or bellittling the talents) of our foreign players.

Tevez is the exception. Of course us fans have the benefit & experience of his 'headless chicken' experience treatment at the swamp.

Correct me if my perception is wrong. I stand to be corrected IMHO.

Re: Brazilian Players' Backlash

Brazilians cant cut it in the prem, they dont like the physical style, defo a clash of cultures. The argies seem to thrive in england though as most are off there rockers and love the physical side of the game but also have great technique.

When Elano came he was very quickly given a measure of iconic status - the free kicks, etc, the Hamburg game, cemented his affection in the hearts and minds of most fans. He then proceeded to expound a personal crusade against God knows what and got shipped out. Robinho was lauded and feted for the entire first season, and only after a string of wretched performances on the road was there a critical stir and one or two pointed questions raised.

I think that Elano and Robinho have put their own special gloss on the events re MCFC, Hughes, their time at the club and so on, and have relayed that to their international colleagues, but if Elano and Robinho are typical of Brazilians in the EPL, gimme an Argentinian any day. I hope they are not and we can recruit highly talented individuals, whatever their origins.

I was under the impression that Tevez was Argentinian!?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
When Elano came he was very quickly given a measure of iconic status - the free kicks, etc, the Hamburg game, cemented his affection in the hearts and minds of most fans. He then proceeded to expound a personal crusade against God knows what and got shipped out. Robinho was lauded and feted for the entire first season, and only after a string of wretched performances on the road was there a critical stir and one or two pointed questions raised.

I think that Elano and Robinho have put their own special gloss on the events re MCFC, Hughes, their time at the club and so on, and have relayed that to their international colleagues, but if Elano and Robinho are typical of Brazilians in the EPL, gimme an Argentinian any day. I hope they are not and we can recruit highly talented individuals, whatever their origins.

Nicely put.

How can you say such a thing when Sylvinho is a Brazilian?!?!

to say that Elano and Robinho cant cut it in england is preposterous. They both proved how amazingly they can play in england, however both players didn't like the management style of Hughes and thus didn't perform consistently at their best.
Elano's first season under sven was godlike (This very forum nicknamed him GOD), the second half of the season cannot be blamed on one player, as the team as a whole was shocking. They're both great players and its a shame it didn't work out at city

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.