Brazilian Players' Backlash - David Luiz & Ramires' Strikes

Re: Brazilian Players' Backlash

People forget that, during his tenure in Real Madrid, Robinho let these players in the bench:
Reyes, Robben, Higuain, Figo, Sneijder...

Which is interesting is that most coaches tried to remove him from the starting lineup in the beginning of the season, but he finished all seasons as a starter.

I think the main problem is,as city fans, we would run ourselves in to a heart attack (and then get up and do it again) if we were ever to pull on the sky blue and we hate to see palyers who have far greater talent than we do go onto the pitch and perform to a lesser level than we would given the chance.

Both Elano and Robinho have underperformed IMO especially in terms of wet wednedays in Bolton types of games and, for me can get f*cked off to anyone who will buy them (I know Elano has gone!). Do not get me wrong I loved to see them play when they played well but I cannot accept a player in sky blue not trying, having a bad game yes, it happens to everybody, but not trying ......... not acceptable.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
When Elano came he was very quickly given a measure of iconic status - the free kicks, etc, the Hamburg game, cemented his affection in the hearts and minds of most fans. He then proceeded to expound a personal crusade against God knows what and got shipped out. Robinho was lauded and feted for the entire first season, and only after a string of wretched performances on the road was there a critical stir and one or two pointed questions raised.

I think that Elano and Robinho have put their own special gloss on the events re MCFC, Hughes, their time at the club and so on, and have relayed that to their international colleagues, but if Elano and Robinho are typical of Brazilians in the EPL, gimme an Argentinian any day. I hope they are not and we can recruit highly talented individuals, whatever their origins.

Dead right,Elano,great player but that far up his own arse he could see Robi,s boots

Its all about mentality with the Brazilians.

Everyone as hyped them up to be world class that every single one of them think they are and their ego's inflated with that.

There have only been a few truly world class players in the world, and the term is easily said nowadays in my opinion.

But look at Sylvinho. He's mature, humble, experienced and a great professional. He's never had any issues at City and signed for another year. An exception to the rule unfortunately. Jo, Elano, Robinho just need to grow up and realise they arent what they think are.

M22_blu said:
Brazilians cant cut it in the prem, they dont like the physical style, defo a clash of cultures. The argies seem to thrive in england though as most are off there rockers and love the physical side of the game but also have great technique.
Great generalisation. Keep it up mate, you'll do well on here.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:57 pm --<br /><br />
BlueTony said:
I think the main problem is,as city fans, we would run ourselves in to a heart attack (and then get up and do it again) if we were ever to pull on the sky blue and we hate to see palyers who have far greater talent than we do go onto the pitch and perform to a lesser level than we would given the chance.

Both Elano and Robinho have underperformed IMO especially in terms of wet wednedays in Bolton types of games and, for me can get f*cked off to anyone who will buy them (I know Elano has gone!). Do not get me wrong I loved to see them play when they played well but I cannot accept a player in sky blue not trying, having a bad game yes, it happens to everybody, but not trying ......... not acceptable.
Yeah but they only struggled in a team that basically struggled. Even this season just gone, we finished 5th but in some games our ball retention was woeful. Robinho isn't effective if you don't have the ball. he was always far deeper than he should be, purely because as a team we cannot advance up field with the ball when the opposition puts up some resistance. At home it's different as teams sit back more, and i'm guessing if we add a few more ball players this summer it will be different again next season. That's why i'd love to have him back. He can do great things with the ball.

He hasn't slagged us off to the extent where he's totally cut his ties with us. He's only really explained why it hasn't worked out and he's expressed his desire to remain happy at Santos, which to be fair, if he's happy, he's happy. People don't realise how difficult it is to live in a foreign country at the best of times, let alone when things aren't going well. The weather, the culture, the language, the loneliness and a completely different style of football. He's a young lad still and it's a lot to deal with. On the flipside he earns a lot of money for it, but i genuinely believe he went back to Santos to find some sort of form for the WC. It wouldn't have happened at City. Anyone can see that. If he comes back, i'll be happy. If he leaves, i'll be quite sad, especially if it's to a club who know how to utilise him properly.

blueplan said:
Lets be honest.
Will any Brazilian players wanna come back?
After the way some of them (Elano, Robinho) were treated, rightly or wrongly.
After some of the hostile reception given to them?

Or for that matter any Brazilian players (Ronaldinho, Kaka, Maicon, Alves) consider us?

Why the perception? Is it a clash of football cultures? Or mismangement (pre Mancini)? Or the results of parochial fans & jingoistic media having a boner for home grown talent (bigging them) at the expense (diminishing or bellittling the talents) of our foreign players.

Tevez is the exception. Of course us fans have the benefit & experience of his 'headless chicken' experience treatment at the swamp.

Correct me if my perception is wrong. I stand to be corrected IMHO.

You are wrong - Robiniho behaved like an utter twat at Santos and contiued this behavoir at real and guess what he did it here. We was warned about Elano when he signed about his dressing room antics and guess what he was a twat.

Then there was Jo - who Everton fooked off because he went AWOL - i dont think the problem is City and if it means we keep these types away from our club then i for one is grateful

Elano treated us with no respect. Lazy.

I always got the impression he was one of those players Ireland said was laughing when we lost eight-one to Middlesbrough.

M22_blu said:
Brazilians cant cut it in the prem, they dont like the physical style, defo a clash of cultures. The argies seem to thrive in england though as most are off there rockers and love the physical side of the game but also have great technique.

This and more this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.