Brazilian Players' Backlash - David Luiz & Ramires' Strikes

Re: Brazilian Players' Backlash

blightee said:
to say that Elano and Robinho cant cut it in england is preposterous. They both proved how amazingly they can play in england, however both players didn't like the management style of Hughes and thus didn't perform consistently at their best.
Elano's first season under sven was godlike (This very forum nicknamed him GOD), the second half of the season cannot be blamed on one player, as the team as a whole was shocking. They're both great players and its a shame it didn't work out at city

Rubbish. How many English clubs came in to snap up Elano then, when 'Hughes ruined him'? He did OK for a bit but it was mostly like playing with a man short as he gave the ball away, fell over, couldn't tackle, couldn't run - that last game he played at the Swamp was one of the worst performances ever in a City shirt. Funnily enough he also 'fell out' with his manager at Shaktar, for the same reasons.

As for 'Trigger' Robinho - that was all Hughes' fault too until Mancini came along wasn't it? Then Bobby took one look (well, two) and shipped him out pdq.

The poster was right - they didn't cut it in the Premiership (or La Liga in Robbie's case)- hence one is at Santos playing Sunday League football and the other is in Turkey FFS.

What about the amazing £19m Jo, I'm sure he gives us a glowing reference
when with his Brazilian team mates.
You can just picture them all in a little huddle, telling Maicon 'You don't want to go there'.
F*** 'em, I say, lets get players who want to play for the shirt.

i dont know about others but we do have first refusal on ganso & neymar.

Somud said:
How can you say such a thing when Sylvinho is a Brazilian?!?!

The big difference between Sylvinho and t' other two is essentially one of ego, and what is contained, not at their feet, but between their ears. Sylvinho appears to be a much more 'grateful' human being. This is one Brazilian who has a place at MCFC way beyond his playing days.

If you look at Brazilian defenders they seem to make it in the prem but forwards not many do

john@staustell said:
blightee said:
to say that Elano and Robinho cant cut it in england is preposterous. They both proved how amazingly they can play in england, however both players didn't like the management style of Hughes and thus didn't perform consistently at their best.
Elano's first season under sven was godlike (This very forum nicknamed him GOD), the second half of the season cannot be blamed on one player, as the team as a whole was shocking. They're both great players and its a shame it didn't work out at city

Rubbish. How many English clubs came in to snap up Elano then, when 'Hughes ruined him'? He did OK for a bit but it was mostly like playing with a man short as he gave the ball away, fell over, couldn't tackle, couldn't run - that last game he played at the Swamp was one of the worst performances ever in a City shirt. Funnily enough he also 'fell out' with his manager at Shaktar, for the same reasons.

As for 'Trigger' Robinho - that was all Hughes' fault too until Mancini came along wasn't it? Then Bobby took one look (well, two) and shipped him out pdq.

The poster was right - they didn't cut it in the Premiership (or La Liga in Robbie's case)- hence one is at Santos playing Sunday League football and the other is in Turkey FFS.

Robinho played 132 games and scored 35 goals in his 3 years at Real Madrid whilst playing on the left wing, where they won La Liga twice and the Spanish cup once.
How can you then say he could not cut it in Spain? what on earth is your reasoning?

In his first season at city he was our top goal scorer in the league with 14 goals from 31 games, and helped us achieve our best European campaign for several decades
Is your reasoning that, since the player is no longer at the club that they must of failed at said club?

Same goes for Elano

There is a reason they are both starters for the greatest international team in the world,
and regularly outshine the likes of Kaka

Something I would pay to see;

Elano , Robinho, Ireland and Petrov up against our current back 4
something tells me that they would do what they did to hull two seasons ago
they were much more potent and had better attacking fluidity than our current teams tactics of "give it to tevez" or "chip it to adebayor" none of our current midfielders with the exception of johnno have anywhere near the creativity of those 4, and we are a poorer team because of it.

EDIT: as for no english clubs wanting to pick elano up; did it ever occur to you that hughes didnt want to sell him locally? It wasn't long ago that mancini wanted elano at Inter Milan. Also, Galatasaray aren't exactly MK Dons are they? last i checked they played in europe last season, where they were knocked out by eventual champions athletico madrid 3-2 on agg, have Frank Rijkaard as their head coach, and have a host of excellent players including Milan Baroš,Keïta, Turan etc

Have a day off pal. How are we a poorer team ? We finished 5 places higher and with our highest points total, let's not start being silly hey !

Also... This superior creativity which you talk about, if my maths hasn't failed me, all combined failed to score as many goals as carlos tevez alone this season.

I never said our current team is worse, I said we are a poorer team for not having the creativity of someone like elano or robinho in the team. Please don't misinterpret me.
The fact at Carlos Tevez is an amazing player doesn't negate the fact that our midfield is severely lacking the basics of pass and move.
Look what happened to Inter Milan when they brought Wesley Schneider, He completely transformed their team into the current best in the world.

Robinho scored some absolute cracking goals for Real, as he did for us, but out of the 130-odd games he played for Real, how many times was he in the starting line up and stayed on pitch for the ninety-minutes. When things go well, he is superb, but when you team mates are up against it, he's pretty much a washout! Don't recall any City player being subbed as a sub!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.