Brazilian Players' Backlash - David Luiz & Ramires' Strikes

Re: Brazilian Players' Backlash

Heurelho Gomes did a pretty fine job in the league last season.

blueplan said:
Lets be honest.
Will any Brazilian players wanna come back?
After the way some of them (Elano, Robinho) were treated, rightly or wrongly.
After some of the hostile reception given to them?

Or for that matter any Brazilian players (Ronaldinho, Kaka, Maicon, Alves) consider us?

Why the perception? Is it a clash of football cultures? Or mismangement (pre Mancini)? Or the results of parochial fans & jingoistic media having a boner for home grown talent (bigging them) at the expense (diminishing or bellittling the talents) of our foreign players.

Tevez is the exception. Of course us fans have the benefit & experience of his 'headless chicken' experience treatment at the swamp.

Correct me if my perception is wrong. I stand to be corrected IMHO.

Its never pleasant to ressurrect an old thread especially after a defeat such as that at SB.

However truth be told if we had the hindsight to realize that we will be in a pickle defensivewise because of Kolo's suspension will

1. we be determined to go after David Luiz?
2. we be able to incentivize Luiz to come to City?

Especially after the treatment & hounding of his compatriots from City?

We shouldn't be deluded then especially with the clear message those 2 Brazilians strike at us!

You just have to identify the ones with the right mindset and they will settle in England. There are now at least 6 Brazilians by my count doing alright in top six English teams - Ramires, Luiz, Rafael, Lucas, Gomes, Sandro.

Repeating trend with all of them except Gomes (and keepers are a different breed altogether) is they were signed young before they get the primadonna attitude that seems to cause many Brazilians to lose their work ethic or fitness. We should stay far away from someone like Pato who is a party animal and who I'm 80% convinced would flop hard in the Premier League (he was ineffective against Spurs' mediocre defence recently too).

But we should have gone in for Luiz because at the time neither Lescott or Kolo was playing well and even on his current hot streak, Lescott isn't at Luiz's level. We could have gotten 8-10 years out of a Kompany/Luiz partnership.

We were also linked to Ramires when the Yaya Toure deal threatened to go belly up and not too long ago we were laughing that Chelsea had bought the flop and we had the world class player. But lately Yaya looks like he's carrying a sack of potatoes on his back (tiredness or just laziness?) and Ramires has finally settled in.

Neymar and Ganso are both amazing prospects we've looked at but Neymar already has a big head which could turn him into a handful. Ganso would be an interesting alternative to an expensive star like Sneijder or Pastore as an attacking midfielder but we'd run the risk of him having trouble settling fast.

I bet there are 50 young Brazilians who would be worthwhile investments, I dunno what our scouting is like there though. We should find a sister team there, that's how Spurs got Sandro (through their tie-up with Internacional) who looks a really good prospect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.