Brazilian Players' Backlash - David Luiz & Ramires' Strikes

Re: Brazilian Players' Backlash

john@staustell said:
blightee said:
to say that Elano and Robinho cant cut it in england is preposterous. They both proved how amazingly they can play in england, however both players didn't like the management style of Hughes and thus didn't perform consistently at their best.
Elano's first season under sven was godlike (This very forum nicknamed him GOD), the second half of the season cannot be blamed on one player, as the team as a whole was shocking. They're both great players and its a shame it didn't work out at city

Rubbish. How many English clubs came in to snap up Elano then, when 'Hughes ruined him'? He did OK for a bit but it was mostly like playing with a man short as he gave the ball away, fell over, couldn't tackle, couldn't run - that last game he played at the Swamp was one of the worst performances ever in a City shirt. Funnily enough he also 'fell out' with his manager at Shaktar, for the same reasons.

As for 'Trigger' Robinho - that was all Hughes' fault too until Mancini came along wasn't it? Then Bobby took one look (well, two) and shipped him out pdq.

The poster was right - they didn't cut it in the Premiership (or La Liga in Robbie's case)- hence one is at Santos playing Sunday League football and the other is in Turkey FFS.

The fact that this forum called Elano god says more about this forum than the player. Good technical player for sure but a lazy player and a bad influence on those around him.

Lazy fuckers the pair of them, let's hope Robiniho has a great world cup and we get some bids for him.
Watch Elano playing for Brazil, he will make more takles in one game than he did all the time he was at City. You will also see him track back, something he never did for us. He is the best passer of a ball we've probably ever had but if he never tracks back or tackles then he's no good to us. They are both up their own arses and I for one am glad to see the back of them.

blightee said:
john@staustell said:
Rubbish. How many English clubs came in to snap up Elano then, when 'Hughes ruined him'? He did OK for a bit but it was mostly like playing with a man short as he gave the ball away, fell over, couldn't tackle, couldn't run - that last game he played at the Swamp was one of the worst performances ever in a City shirt. Funnily enough he also 'fell out' with his manager at Shaktar, for the same reasons.

As for 'Trigger' Robinho - that was all Hughes' fault too until Mancini came along wasn't it? Then Bobby took one look (well, two) and shipped him out pdq.

The poster was right - they didn't cut it in the Premiership (or La Liga in Robbie's case)- hence one is at Santos playing Sunday League football and the other is in Turkey FFS.

Robinho played 132 games and scored 35 goals in his 3 years at Real Madrid whilst playing on the left wing, where they won La Liga twice and the Spanish cup once.
How can you then say he could not cut it in Spain? what on earth is your reasoning?

In his first season at city he was our top goal scorer in the league with 14 goals from 31 games, and helped us achieve our best European campaign for several decades
Is your reasoning that, since the player is no longer at the club that they must of failed at said club?

Same goes for Elano

There is a reason they are both starters for the greatest international team in the world,
and regularly outshine the likes of Kaka

Something I would pay to see;

Elano , Robinho, Ireland and Petrov up against our current back 4
something tells me that they would do what they did to hull two seasons ago
they were much more potent and had better attacking fluidity than our current teams tactics of "give it to tevez" or "chip it to adebayor" none of our current midfielders with the exception of johnno have anywhere near the creativity of those 4, and we are a poorer team because of it.

EDIT: as for no english clubs wanting to pick elano up; did it ever occur to you that hughes didnt want to sell him locally? It wasn't long ago that mancini wanted elano at Inter Milan. Also, Galatasaray aren't exactly MK Dons are they? last i checked they played in europe last season, where they were knocked out by eventual champions athletico madrid 3-2 on agg, have Frank Rijkaard as their head coach, and have a host of excellent players including Milan Baroš,Keïta, Turan etc

Correct mate: I can state as a matter of FACT... That Mancini is more than an admirer of Elano. He held talks with Elano about joining him at Inter.

Long shot, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he still fancied Elano... And I wouldn't complain

From what I've been told all the players love Robinho and he isn't in anyway an issue. That being said he is very unhappy in England, off the field as much as on it.

I don't think either of them had the work ethic or mentality to succeed in the Premier League. It's all fine and dandy playing well in August and September, but when things start getting tough in March then you need players to stand up and be counted. They didn't do that.

Agree about Argentinians though, they seem to love it here.

blueplan said:
Lets be honest.
Will any Brazilian players wanna come back?
After the way some of them (Elano, Robinho) were treated, rightly or wrongly.
After some of the hostile reception given to them?

Or for that matter any Brazilian players (Ronaldinho, Kaka, Maicon, Alves) consider us?

Why the perception? Is it a clash of football cultures? Or mismangement (pre Mancini)? Or the results of parochial fans & jingoistic media having a boner for home grown talent (bigging them) at the expense (diminishing or bellittling the talents) of our foreign players.

Tevez is the exception. Of course us fans have the benefit & experience of his 'headless chicken' experience treatment at the swamp.

Correct me if my perception is wrong. I stand to be corrected IMHO.

Argentinians are hard people like us- Tevez/Zab sum this up. Brazillians are moany arses who want to fanny about in the sunshine and cry when the going gets tough. Don't care what anyone says, Robinho was a waste of space here as he was at Madrid....very interestng to see which top clubs bif for him this summer.

Robinho a waste of space at Madrid? Still to this day people keep saying this and it still baffles me as to why. Robinho was certainly not a waste of space for Madrid, infact he was one of if not the best player during his last season there when they won La Liga

blueplan said:
Lets be honest.

Or for that matter any Brazilian players (Ronaldinho, Kaka, Maicon, Alves) consider us?

Why the perception? Is it a clash of football cultures? Or mismangement (pre Mancini)? Or the results of parochial fans & jingoistic media having a boner for home grown talent (bigging them) at the expense (diminishing or bellittling the talents) of our foreign players.

Tevez is the exception. Of course us fans have the benefit & experience of his 'headless chicken' experience treatment at the swamp.

Whilst you're right in what you say , i remain unconvinced by the committment of Brazilian players when they play on these shores ...... and not only those who have been at City either ....... we might be best staying well clear of em'!

Tevez , who isn't Brazilian , but a South American player nonetheless , is an excellent player ...... yet i always get the feeling that he doesn't intend staying too long here , or even in England for that matter!

Their 'keeper is the only player worth buying.

However if he failed to adapt it would be Hughes' fault.

Hughes stile being bad for Robinho and Elano, wanting open attacking football, alien to these lads.

blueplan said:
Lets be honest.

The way they were treated? You mean paying one of them £150k a week and both being idolised by us for months until they were found out, and so proceeded to try and wreck the joint by going to the papers everytime something was said?

Fuck um.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.