Stones
Ake
Rodri
KdB
Bernardo
Foden
Grealish
Haaland

This will be a physical match. A lot of Aerial balls and well rehearsed set pieces from them, they will press hard and time waste, they'll target Rodri from minute 1.

Brentford will score at least one, you can guarantee it. We just have to stop being so wasteful in the final third.

Always great build up play, long periods of possession but then soft shots, or they’re blocked, or someone chooses to pass instead of just fucking smashing it at goal. Very frustrating when so often the opposition then seem to put away their one decent chance.

Need Haaland back on form for this and a goal or two from our midfielders.

Brentford will score at least one, you can guarantee it. We just have to stop being so wasteful in the final third.

Always great build up play, long periods of possession but then soft shots, or they’re blocked, or someone chooses to pass instead of just fucking smashing it at goal. Very frustrating when so often the opposition then seem to put away their one decent chance.

Need Haaland back on form for this and a goal or two from our midfielders.
The 'soft shot' after the wonderful build up play has to be studied, its a recurring phenomenon.

With players just coming back from injury, it's another game to rotate the team.

I would give Phil, Alvarez and Gvardiol a rest and also have Stones on the bench to start.

I'd start Kev and Erling and bring in Walker, Akanji, Dias, Bernardo and Grealish.

Ederson

Walker
Akanji
Dias
Ake

Rodri
Kovacic

Bernardo
KDB
Grealish

Haaland

We need to win this, but have to keep Toney quiet.

I'm going for Erling to score the first in a 3-1 win.

given we've won 10 and drawn 1 without Haaland (i'm counting last night in that stat), it must produce a real conundrum for the boss. I think Haaland isn't quite ready for a start, another 30 min showing I reckon.
I think the way Pep massaged KDB into the team provides a good template for Haaland. Another, longer, appearance from the bench and then a future start based on the fitness stats they get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.