Brentford (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

There was absolute fucking nut job female city fan below me getting the stewards involved in removing City fans, at least 2 she got removed, one did call her a woman though, bus seeing how she behaved towards others she deserved it.

Great hat trick by Phil. Made me think of previous HTs by blues,away from home in London.

Ron Futcher at Stamford Bridge ,1978 iirc,which included a superb stooping diving header ,Niall Quinn at Selhurst v Palace ( left foot right foot and great header) and of course Dzeko bagging four at WHL ,left foot, right foot ,and a superb back header....shut spuds up good and proper.

Any other capital hat tricks by Blues ?
That day at WHL was great the slight deflected pass of Gaz Baz for Edins third was a thing of beauty :-)

Why were they removed?
One called her a woman, he had some grief from another city fan,that didn't go down well, he got removed, she had a go at the first guy, he called her woman then removed, the other lad found a seat next to her then started banging on about show me your ticket, the seat was free.

There was absolute fucking nut job female city fan below me getting the stewards involved in removing City fans, at least 2 she got removed, one did call her a woman though, bus seeing how she behaved towards others she deserved it.
Mrs Ewing came back from the game and told me she had to get a couple of stewards involved and complained she was being pinned up against a crash barrier! I told her before she went that that area is a bit 'iffy'!

He is a great player, his touch is excellent. He would walk into any football club in the world
Now yes, but you replied to the poster, who underlined a development aspect. Very interesting, because:

1. somewhere else, under another manager, maybe Foden would be played much earlier much more, what would might have hindered his development. Do not say he played little, but his role within team is growing year by year, methodically, patiently, as it looks like a plan from the start. Lets take a look for a Mount, Sancho, Dele Alli and many others cases, we would never know where the problem has been exactly, but it might be throwing a player into deep waters too soon, without element of "natural" progression/experience,

2. playing Foden in various areas of the pitch. Hear,even at the Bluemoon forum, I thought many posters were too eager upon years to narrow him to central midfielder role. Thanks to playing on different areas (left wing, right wing, false 9) he might have learnt about vision, experienced different perspectives and now its all coming to a fruition as lets say attacking midfielder

These days, at the top level, everything counts

Overall a really strong performance in an attacking sense. Still think we were defensively poor at times. Not so much structurally but just individuals not playing at a high level of not showing composure.

Phil is quietly morphing into Gundo in terms of his ability to affect games both on and off the ball and his overall maturity. He was obviously MOTM. KDB is getting there too. Rodri is immense. Walker had one of his best games of the season. Dias I thought was quietly poor. One good block but a lot of nonsense in terms of his passing, decision making, etc.

I don't really understand Alvarez in this side with Jack, Bobb, Nunes, and Kovacic sat on the bench. Yes he's a penalty box killer, but he is nowhere near technically good enough to play in tight spaces, his first touch is poor, and he has the turning circle of a 192 bus in a Tesco Express car park. Don't get me wrong, he's obviously busy and he's obviously got that work rate Pep loves and I'm sure he's one of those happy faces who never gets down about not playing. But considering how much Pep loves control, weird that Alvarez plays so much with the other options he has.

Couple of things I kind of disagree with. Agreed Dias has been out of form for ages. He shouldn't even be playing except for the injuries to Stones and Akanji, both of whom I'd like to see back ASAP.

As for Alvarez, he's a shot-to-nothing player with an eye for goal and support striker. We don't look too coordinated without a striker on the pitch, but with our forward thinking mids, we get away with that.

Apart from why he was positioned where his was against Brentford, he's the one player in the team happy to harry the defensive line in their own third. The lads don't really do it if he's not.

Personally, I'm glad he was in the same team as De Bruyne as it shows there's no unbalancing, although I'd prefer they swap positions. Overall, it was a rare off night for JA, having got a few shots off but not scoring.

Anyway, ask Foden to get shut of that daft 'celebration'! It would make sense if he did his 'marksman' pose first! It looks dumb right now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.