Brentford (A) | Post Match Thread

No one is injured.

They may well be nursing slight knocks / twinges as they probably do on a standard basis most of any given season.

Pep clearly wants the main 15/16 rested, as fresh as can be and chomping at the bit.

Those on here who envisage they’ll have been sat round balls deep in KFC, Stella and Rizla are either monumentally stupid, wums or a combination.

They’ll be working their bollocks off, working on every minute detail, as a group, wrapped in cotton wool away from the meaningless games we’ve earned the right to swerve.

Grow up and wipe your fannies.
brilliant^^^^^^^^^ and im quite sure if the final was tomorrow all the players mentioned would be in the first 11, people sometime just see what they want to see then put their mouth in gear, what they dont see is the energy levels and mental fatigue consumed in the Madrid games which was off the scale, if we had carried that on until today the players would have been fucked and the likes of Grealish etc would be suffering premature cramps etc in the two finals, peps bang on with the team today and the game before

Last edited:
Gosh how I was looking forward to hearing these comments after we'd gone full strength and won/drawn against Brentford.

'Hope Rodri's ok'
'That looked a nasty tackle on Jack ,looks like he's twisted his ankle, definitely out for the FA Cup final, hope he makes it for the CL final'
'Should have never started Ruby ( Stones).. interchange as required... definitely out for the rest of the season'
'Kev looks knackered'
'Why on earth did we play key players in a meaningless game'

These and many other comments have now been denied to me which means I won't be mega anxious before the first of our two big cup finals.
Shit.

This is like the match day forum on a bad day!
You can't judge them - the reserves - when loads of them are thrown in together - away, and against an almost full strength Premier League team. If there's one or 2 in amongst an otherwise strong 11, they'd probably look much better.
I was torn today as to whether we should go strong and get momentum back, or choose a similar team to the one that started - was it 9 of the team who played Real Madrid missing? Pep's choice. He doesn't get much wrong. If he decided that the best way to win the next 2 games is by giving players an extra rest, so be it.
As to the game, I didn't get to see it - probably just as well.
Well I will cut to the chase …….
Kalvin Phillips is fucking shite and Sergio Gomes is worse .

Stop fucking moaning you precious cunts in here that are! We've won the league for the THIRD season in a row with THREE games to spare, after chasing down a very good Arsenal side with an eight point lead. As well as that we've reached the fa cup final and the champions league final, thrashing Bayern Munich and Real Madrid along the way. In thar process we've played the best football I've witnessed in fifty five years of watching this club. In TWENTY FIVE games we've lost ONCE in a dead rubber game while playing the reserves.

Will resting key players lose us momentum? Nobody knows. Such is our system and the players knowledge of playing it I doubt it. The ones rested will be fit and raring to go. If we lose one or both finals I'm sure all the told you so whiners will be back saying it was because of this. It won't be. Two tough decent sides want to win these finals as much as we do. Bad luck, a worldie goal, the dreaded var and/or the other teams playing better could happen and we could lose. I hope we don't and if we put a performance in like against Liverpool, Arsenal and Madrid we won't barring something freak happening. Count your blessings, stop fucking whining, get behind the lads and stop thinking you know more than the best manager in the world, you don't.
Spot on mate !!

I think, or more like I know, that too may people are underestimating how draining the run of wins will have been. Was it 12 in league plus the Champs games? Players will have been playing through the pain barrier, possibly even having injections to get them on to the pitch, so of course it’s the right thing to do to then let them have a couple of weeks of recovery.

I have faith that the sports science guys will know exactly what they’ve been doing this time around, and we wil, be ready and waiting as close as possible to 100% for the 2 big games to come.

Enjoy the ride!
The CL games against Madrid were probably the two most draining games this group have played since Pep arrived. The intensity was incredible.

Kelvin Phillips does not belong at this club. At the very least Jack and others showed flashes in their first years. This has been downright ugly every step of the way. No idea what happens here because I doubt the club would sell him after just one ye

Deserved loss. Personally hope it's the last time we see Phillips, Gomez or Palmer in sky blue (unless Coventry buys them).

Hope this last week hasn't impacted our intensity for the 2 real matches coming up.
y ou dont rate palmer.

y ou dont rate palmer.
No. I don't think he has developed at all. His football intelligence, speed of thought and decision making just arn't at the requisite level.

I do rate McAtee very highly though, and he's due back from loan over the summer. They aren't exactly like for like, but they would operate in similar areas as young creative players under Pep. I hope we bring McAtee into the first team fold and sell/loan Palmer.

Feck it. On the one hand I love the fact that expectations are now so high a game like this can cause the angst I’ve seen on here. But we can’t veer into entitled rag territory.

A lot of digs aimed towards Gomez and Philips, including from well respected posters. The same people who were slagging off Rodri and Ake not that long ago. Time is needed to understand how we play and fit in to the system. Now isn’t the time for reckless judgement.

I believe in what Pep and the sports scientists are doing. They will know exactly who needs a rest and who is liable from a whack by Franks teams of disruptors. Why take the risk? There’s a reason for our unbelievable form and fitness at the end of every season - it isn’t down to luck or other teams dropping off.

If we lose against the Rags or Inter or both it won’t be because of today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.