Brentford (A) | Post Match Thread

Feck it. On the one hand I love the fact that expectations are now so high a game like this can cause the angst I’ve seen on here. But we can’t veer into entitled rag territory.

A lot of digs aimed towards Gomez and Philips, including from well respected posters. The same people who were slagging off Rodri and Ake not that long ago. Time is needed to understand how we play and fit in to the system. Now isn’t the time for reckless judgement.

I believe in what Pep and the sports scientists are doing. They will know exactly who needs a rest and who is liable from a whack by Franks teams of disruptors. Why take the risk? There’s a reason for our unbelievable form and fitness at the end of every season - it isn’t down to luck or other teams dropping off.

If we lose against the Rags or Inter or both it won’t be because of today.
If Phillips and Gomez start against the rags and Inter we lose both games . Rodri and Ake are class . We went to shit today about 20 seconds after Ake went off .
Who needs loads of paragraphs to explain that ? ;-)

Not overreacting to the result, as I'd much rather we had a fully rested 1st team next weekend.

However, Palmer will never make it at City. Mahrez is the new Sterling, and Gomez is turd, like really turd.

Pep will have learned a great deal about some of those players over the last 3 games
Hopefully

If Phillips and Gomez start against the rags and Inter we lose both games . Rodri and Ake are class . We went to shit today about 20 seconds after Ake went off .
Who needs loads of paragraphs to explain that ? ;-)
Agree - and that’s why they won’t be selected.

But according to many on here a while ago Ake and Rodri were shit. Apparently Rodri couldn’t turn and Ake couldn’t step up. Point is why the fuck do people slag off the players so easily?

If I read the word momentum once again I will find Ric’s BM server and smashing the fucking thing up!

Fucking momentum fuck momentum. Last time we went into a CL final we had demolished Everton, and we all know what happened next….
In Pep I trust. Did I mention fuck momentum?

It was vital that key players were not risked with two finals to come. It's always disappointing to lose, but Brentford packing the defence and relying on the odd counter against a weakened line-up is not any reason to be negative.

On to the FA cup final and then the CL final and the chance to reach undoubtable greatness.

Imagine Pep finding out that he's getting slated on BM for losing a dead rubber after having secured a hatrick of league titles and with 2 finals on the horizon lol i think the plan was always to pay tribute to Mancini and Aguero by finishing at 89 points and leaving arsenal with a feeling of what could have been considering we dropped 5 in last 2 and they lost the league by 5 points

Stop fucking moaning you precious cunts in here that are! We've won the league for the THIRD season in a row with THREE games to spare, after chasing down a very good Arsenal side with an eight point lead. As well as that we've reached the fa cup final and the champions league final, thrashing Bayern Munich and Real Madrid along the way. In thar process we've played the best football I've witnessed in fifty five years of watching this club. In TWENTY FIVE games we've lost ONCE in a dead rubber game while playing the reserves.

Will resting key players lose us momentum? Nobody knows. Such is our system and the players knowledge of playing it I doubt it. The ones rested will be fit and raring to go. If we lose one or both finals I'm sure all the told you so whiners will be back saying it was because of this. It won't be. Two tough decent sides want to win these finals as much as we do. Bad luck, a worldie goal, the dreaded var and/or the other teams playing better could happen and we could lose. I hope we don't and if we put a performance in like against Liverpool, Arsenal and Madrid we won't barring something freak happening. Count your blessings, stop fucking whining, get behind the lads and stop thinking you know more than the best manager in the world, you don't.
digit.gif

Imagine Pep finding out that he's getting slated on BM for losing a dead rubber after having secured a hatrick of league titles and with 2 finals on the horizon lol i think the plan was always to pay tribute to Mancini and Aguero by finishing at 89 points and leaving arsenal with a feeling of what could have been considering we dropped 5 in last 2 and they lost the league by 5 points
Nobody has slated him. People have questioned the selection and some players ability from what I've seen but nobody has slated him.

OK this is disastrous. :(
But I just can't understand how this happened. They played before 11 days the Real Madrid home game normally and did not seem to have anything.
And then, according to this "10 days", they stopped training, obviously because they have a not that minor issue.

But then why did Pep say on Friday that all players are fit for Sunday(today)?

Anyway, Dias is extremely important for us, when he came back we never lost a game(36 undefeated?) and we went on a huge run as he did tidy the defense.
Grealish is also very important as he was excellent this 2nd half of the year being a constant big threat on the left side.
So if they will miss any final it will be a huge blow :(
i aint got a clue what that means

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.