Brentford (A) | Post Match Thread

Hate losing any game but it's not important in the scheme of things as the League was won with three games to go. My only reservation is some players won't have played for two and half weeks come FA Cup Final day. That said Pep's judgement is sound and we shouldn’t have any injuries to key players in two huge games that are the priority. That may be stating the obvious but we want our strongest possible line-ups in these two games.

Some incredible posts on here post-match. Pretty much a 2nd XI loses a meaningless game. And people question our 'momentum'? Fuck the result, the most important thing was no injuries.

Listen......if you don't think our starting XI won't be anything other than 100% focused and wound up ready to go in both the FA Cup and CL finals then you are seriously deluded. These guys (and Pep) know what is required. Just let them get on with it FFS. Bigger the game, bigger the performance this season.
A couple months back the thought of us losing at Brentford on the last day and Arsenal battering Wolves would (potentially) have brought up very different emotions.
Ofcourse I would have rather we won today but can't say I was massively fussed .
It was a fairly inconsequential game fielding a team that will look very different to our next 2 matches. (If I'm honest I was probably taking more interest in the games at the other end of the table in the 2nd half.)
Nobody knows how we or our opponents will avtually play in those upcoming finals, if luck or injuries come in to it or indeed what impact the officials will have on the outcome.
However, as you say, those City players will be 100% focused , really, really up for it and ready and will be 'raring to go' for sure. These players have played together week in week out (some for several years) and have battered some of the best teams in this country and beyond in that time. As you say "momentum' really shouldn't be a factor really with the quality, desire and professionalism of our players.( well, In my opinion anyway!)

I’m in my forties and I’ve got a knackered knee, but I’d get round the pitch quicker than him. And I’m deadly serious about that.

Like you say, he’s shown nothing at all and nothing in fact to suggest that another season will make any difference.

Newcastle won’t go anywhere near him, unfortunately. Maybe Villa might want him given that they’re in Europe next season, perhaps Everton will waste some more money and does us a favour, but he’ll be difficult to get rid off given he’s got five years left on his contract.

I was genuinely perplexed last summer as to why we signed him and he’s fallen well short of anyone’s expectations.
you dont play for your country as many times as he has, if he is as bad as y our making out. pep has not bought many lemons.

Fucking momentum fuck momentum. Last time we went into a CL final we had demolished Everton, and we all know what happened next….
In Pep I trust. Did I mention fuck momentum?
True and the last few seasons we've limped over the line due to injuries , had to sacrifice the fa cup , play dinho at centre back ect this year I think peps managed the rotation perfectly also learnt from his mistakes in the CL , these last 3 games will tell him a lot about who's going to make the squad next season , Dias , KdB , Stones Grealish and especially Rodri have had much needed rests

42 pages? Jesus Christ. First game Ive not watched live for years. Had a barbecue with the family instead. This was an end of season dead rubber. Meant absolutely nothing. We fulfilled the fixture.

It has absolutely no bearing on our next two finals. Chill the fuck out and relax.

Not fussed about the result, once the league was won attention has been on the upcoming finals, so it should be. Our key players have played a ridiculous amount of football these past few months, and all season. For them to get some rest before the final charge I feel is a massive positive.

A loss is never a good thing, but to have one in a meaningless game doesn't worry me at all.

It's been another great league season, a 3 peat secured with 3 games to spare is a massive achievement for us, especially with that rotten World Cup in the middle of the season.

Onto the 2 Cup finals and a chance for this squad to secure its place in history. Going to be a cracking next two weeks, I can't wait and the nerves for both have already set it. Bring it on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.