Brentford (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Not necessarily not good but anyone with eyes can see there is only ONE place for Alvarez and Haaland is the best in the world..with grass in front of him. That finish last night with all that pressure..amazing. but as we don't often counter like that..he' looks a. Forlorn figure mostly.
It is not only that we don't often counter like that. We are facing massed ranks of deep defenders who are relying on their own counter, or set pieces. We are a victim of our own success in this regard, but Erling remains the highest goalscorer in a league we are very close to the top of. As he continues to regain form, and we play teams that are actually trying to win, this will change. The absence of KDB has also had an impact.

If you enjoy watching that fair enough, I should of added no score draw, my mistake. It is what it is. It's pretty boring when only one team comes to win but your right, that's the game!
Even Liverpool will do that against us because that's our weakness. In today's game shuffling the ball in front of the oppo's box with 8 men in attcking third = dream for fast counter attcking teams..all that space!! We have Haaland. Best in world at space. If we want him to score we should sit deeper. Kev used to ping him through quick and fast first season.

Last edited:
Don’t know why but that ref got right under my skin last night, it wasn’t so much his decision making (which wasn’t great) but his reffing style.
Every time he stopped play, it was 3 or conversations, faffing about, followed by a gentle stroll to the halfway line, then pause, then blow his whistle. He completely killed any flow in the game.
I noticed it straight away & that was me done for the night, couldn’t enjoy the game at all

If you enjoy watching that fair enough, I should of added no score draw, my mistake. It is what it is. It's pretty boring when only one team comes to win but your right, that's the g

He's barely played this season, and we're one point off the top spot "basically so poor", goodness knows what you thought in the late 90's.
Agreed but i suppose it just looks worse trying to play Alvarez there. Alvarez to me is an impact poacher and gives 100% like Jesus used to. Very similar players except Alvarez can finish but he'not a "player" really.

Another underwhelming performance but all that matters was that 3 points and the big lump upfront banging one in.

But with the games we have on the horizon we are going to have to improve considerably.
Absolutely hit the nail on the head there. Big improvement needed to negotiate the March fixtures.

Thing is we have had over a decade of tight short passes moving the oppo around. Academy plays same wsy, we buy players with that in mind, manager brought up on it..hard to change culture at a click of the fingers really.
I agree it`s what Pep does and it`s served us well, But dont you think it would be a good idea to play that ball now and again just to keep the opposition defender around the half way line instead of pushing up in our half. Giving them another option to worry about I can`t believe is a negative.

shout out to Bernardo's free-kick.......

a part of me loves to know world-class footballers can fuck it up so brilliantly too :D
Two games in a row he’s been off the boil. Hope he’s not thinking about Paris already, because there’s serious work to be done yet and we’re going to need the little genius!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.