Brentford (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Brentford had every outfield player in their own box whenever we had the ball in the final third. It was the most archetypal parking of the bus you're likely to see this season. Total anti football.
It’s these situations were I’d like to see Haaland do something a little different, I’m not advocating dropping out wide & pinging some crosses in, but at least attack the front post a little more, cause a bit of disruption

They got what they deserved absolutely nothing. The PL should be investigating these teams for the complete lack of entertainment they provide.
I respect why they do it as to get hammered two games on the spin isnt a good look but its awful to watch and thats the point of football, its entertainment and thats why people watch, if you take the entertainment out of it then all but the core fans will stop watching and the pl as a product becomes harder to sell.

Exactly.

"Pep's changed the way football's played"
"Even Sunday League players are passing it out"
"Pep's reinvented the game"
"We're lucky to have him"
"Best football ever played"

......first sign of difficulty.....

"Hoof it over the top"
"I'm bored"

I'm not exactly a tow the party line poster, but, talk about throwing the baby out....
Hard fought win against a very good organised and spoiling team. Their backs to the wall and bodies on the line approach nullified us but we eventually wore them down. One of those games.
Could easily have been 3 or 4 nil.
Chelsea was more of a concern - but that was mostly selection and availability.
I totally agree with sticking to the style of short passes and manipulation of opposition...but what i questioned was why buy Haaland...putely profit opportunity for me.. no one can tell me he's really a pep player...all political. Get net spend up and fair play. Pretending its a tactical football buy hmmm just that pep's a genius and does the very best from any circumstance

I agree it`s what Pep does and it`s served us well, But dont you think it would be a good idea to play that ball now and again just to keep the opposition defender around the half way line instead of pushing up in our half. Giving them another option to worry about I can`t believe is a negative.
the problem of it is, how often do teams come out and attack us , its almost never so we actually cant ping that ball and allow him to run as there will always be 2 or 3 defenders there waiting for it, we are not averse to doing it as with the goal last night and the 2nd goal against everton its more that other teams make it impossible for us to do so by never coming out

This was the type of game that come the end of the season you forget happened

We are at the stage where Pep is rotating to keep all our players involved and resting key players where he thinks he can ‘get away’ with it

this always stands us in good stead come the last 10 games

look at Arsenal and Liverpools line ups and they never rest their key players

He's barely played this season, and we're one point off the top spot "basically so poor", goodness knows what you thought in the late 90's.
Kendall..did well and Reid 5th 5th and 9th FFS you picked the wrong era pal early 90's we were competitive

They got what they deserved absolutely nothing. The PL should be investigating these teams for the complete lack of entertainment they provide.
Ten men behind the ball is part of the game and opponents have to deal with it. The PL should be investigating players feigning injury, diving and constant time-wasting. - And Arteta with his touchline coaching sessions while the acting player receives treatment.

I totally agree with sticking to the style of short passes and manipulation of opposition...but what i questioned was why buy Haaland...putely profit opportunity for me.. no one can tell me he's really a pep player...all political. Get net spend up and fair play. Pretending its a tactical football buy hmmm just that pep's a genius and does the very best from any circumstance
Why buy Haaland? And whilst we're at it...those Romans???

A lot of players are looking knackered at present which is a concern but not totally unexpected. Since we've come back from the break we seem to have been playing non stop, and there's no sign of it stopping now until the end of the season.
This is where the dilemma is for Pep in rotating the squad too much. We still don't have the quality on the bench to make wholesale changes to our strongest starting eleven. Bobb, Lewis, Gomez, Nunes, Kovacic, all good players but you wouldn't start all five together in any prem game or champs league game. So realistically we can only ever change one or two per match meaning some players will never get a rest.
Maybe all five might start the cup game against Luton next week though

Those fouls stats are useless. They should include every time the ref also indicates play on. It would certainly level up the numbers if not actually be in our favour. We just play through so many fouls it's ridiculous. None of them ever get brought back either unlike some teams who play on for a couple of minutes and when they lose the ball the foul is then awarded.
That one where Bernardo was being barged from behind and clearly wanted the FK but he didn't throw himself to the floor as he couldn't trust the ref to give it.

Most of the time we'd rather just play on ourselves but there was no advantage to be played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.