Brentford (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

No point comparing us and the other two top teams in the league, the footy we play is totally different than them, don't think people are saying throw the whole system but we do need to change it up a bit occasionally as there are a lot of teams playing low block football now to counter how we play.
Now? They've been literally doing that for years. It hasn't stopped us winning.

And breathe.
Knew Erling would redeem himself and what a cool finish.

Couldn't believe the anxiety I felt around me as the game ticked on, it felt like a cup final at one point with everyone screaming and shouting but I enjoyed that to be honest, shows that these games mean everything at the tail end of the season.

A big shout out to the potty mouth woman sat about 4 rows behind me. Brentford ****. Goalie ****. Ref you're a ****. Twat. Shit. Fuck is all you heard for 90mins. Was funny but it sounded horrible.

Roll on Saturday.
i think you were sat in front of my missus

It was a frustrating game tbh. Chances after chances spurned. Usually we score those and we go on to 3 or 4. That first goal isn't happening easily at the moment. And everyone seems nervous, like they are thinking twice rather than just doing it. Trying too hard I think.

But the way the boys play, the intensity, the calmness when needed are all happening. Our shots per game is still highest. So I'm not too worried yet, it seems like one click away from where we need to be.

Brentford were awful, hacking, cheating, moaning twats. Lost a lot of respect from me with that shitty performance.
Our passing was terrible at times, too relaxed sometimes, especially walker. But even Bernardo. Just one of those games, again, again.

Cmon blues, don't let lfc get too excited!
Spot on, G. That free kick from Bernardo that rolled quietly and gently for a Brentford throw was symptomatic of the night's performance. And I suspect that Brentford defender, was it Agent Mee, will be having nightmares for the rest of the season over that slip. Mind, it goes on to prove that if you've come to defend, and lap up the whistling wanker's largesse, or wait for a City mistake, then you have to do it for every second of every minute. And few teams can.

I totally agree with sticking to the style of short passes and manipulation of opposition...but what i questioned was why buy Haaland...putely profit opportunity for me.. no one can tell me he's really a pep player...all political. Get net spend up and fair play. Pretending its a tactical football buy hmmm just that pep's a genius and does the very best from any circumstance
Also, you sign him because you can, and as he's the best at his job, plus you prevent an opponent from signing him. Add that the fee was a third of what you'd pay for a player of similar age and quality and it was a no-brainer.

Reactions: PPT
I totally agree with sticking to the style of short passes and manipulation of opposition...but what i questioned was why buy Haaland...putely profit opportunity for me.. no one can tell me he's really a pep player...all political. Get net spend up and fair play. Pretending its a tactical football buy hmmm just that pep's a genius and does the very best from any circumstance

You buy Haaland because he's the best striker in the world and can pull you out of the shit like last night and v Everton

His goals vs Everton ten days ago and last night might be the difference between us having 7 points from the last three games instead of 3 points

Because from where I was sitting, nobody else looked like they were going to score.

"Not a pep player" - it's such a nonsense statement because any player that scores over 50 goals of season and has scored against every Premier League team they played is any managers kind of player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.