Brentford (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

This was the type of game that come the end of the season you forget happened

We are at the stage where Pep is rotating to keep all our players involved and resting key players where he thinks he can ‘get away’ with it

this always stands us in good stead come the last 10 games

look at Arsenal and Liverpools line ups and they never rest their key players
An intelligent post in a sea of pram jumping.

And breathe.
Knew Erling would redeem himself and what a cool finish.

Couldn't believe the anxiety I felt around me as the game ticked on, it felt like a cup final at one point with everyone screaming and shouting but I enjoyed that to be honest, shows that these games mean everything at the tail end of the season.

A big shout out to the potty mouth woman sat about 4 rows behind me. Brentford ****. Goalie ****. Ref you're a ****. Twat. Shit. Fuck is all you heard for 90mins. Was funny but it sounded horrible.

Roll on Saturday.

Exactly.

"Pep's changed the way football's played"
"Even Sunday League players are passing it out"
"Pep's reinvented the game"
"We're lucky to have him"
"Best football ever played"

......first sign of difficulty.....

"Hoof it over the top"
"I'm bored"

I'm not exactly a tow the party line poster, but, talk about throwing the baby out....
Hard fought win against a very good organised and spoiling team. Their backs to the wall and bodies on the line approach nullified us but we eventually wore them down. One of those games.
Could easily have been 3 or 4 nil.
Chelsea was more of a concern - but that was mostly selection and availability.
Toe.

I've no problem if these teams play the same against our rivals but they don't. They play wide open and get battered. I'd have no problem Brentford getting relegated but I fear they'll stay up.
Stuart Pearce said exactly the same on the radio after the game. Teams like Brentford come to the Etihad with a different game plan than when they go to other places. They don't want a battering so put 10 men behind the ball.

Same shit different week , opposing teams parking the bus and being lauded for their heroic efforts , even a billion pound Chelsea team put eleven behind the ball , it takes two teams to make a game of football and we play teams nearly every week who are shit scared to play football.
Its a neccesity for some teams but why the media criticise us for struggling to open teams up whilst praising the negativity of visiting teams is getting tiresome, it is only our team that is tying to entertain , score goals and win games.

Stuart Pearce said exactly the same on the radio after the game. Teams like Brentford come to the Etihad with a different game plan than when they go to other places. They don't want a battering so put 10 men behind the ball.

I still don't get it. Why don't they play that way against teams like Liverpool then and duly get a battering for being so open, like they did last last week?

And breathe.
Knew Erling would redeem himself and what a cool finish.

Couldn't believe the anxiety I felt around me as the game ticked on, it felt like a cup final at one point with everyone screaming and shouting but I enjoyed that to be honest, shows that these games mean everything at the tail end of the season.

A big shout out to the potty mouth woman sat about 4 rows behind me. Brentford ****. Goalie ****. Ref you're a ****. Twat. Shit. Fuck is all you heard for 90mins. Was funny but it sounded horrible.

Roll on Saturday.
Sounds a bit like Row E in 323! I think I used up every invecive and profanity at that apology for a ref!

It was a frustrating game tbh. Chances after chances spurned. Usually we score those and we go on to 3 or 4. That first goal isn't happening easily at the moment. And everyone seems nervous, like they are thinking twice rather than just doing it. Trying too hard I think.

But the way the boys play, the intensity, the calmness when needed are all happening. Our shots per game is still highest. So I'm not too worried yet, it seems like one click away from where we need to be.

Brentford were awful, hacking, cheating, moaning twats. Lost a lot of respect from me with that shitty performance.
Our passing was terrible at times, too relaxed sometimes, especially walker. But even Bernardo. Just one of those games, again, again.

Cmon blues, don't let lfc get too excited!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.