Brentford (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

It wasn't the greatest game to watch but then again when we are up against a 10 man defence it's never going to be exciting is it.
When we move the ball quickly they don't have time to regroup as fast and we always look more likely to score, but last night the tempo was a bit slow.
Great finish by Erling and a vital 3 points.. winning whilst not at our fluent best is a good sign.
Hopefully Bournemouth will be a better game with another 3 points please.
It's funny when the rags and dippers play these type of teams, they're accommodated with space and submission. Not a ten man wall with Yashin in the net.

It's funny when the rags and dippers play these type of teams, they're accommodated with space and submission. Not a ten man wall with Yashin in the net.
Yeah, my neighbour said he watched the Brentford v Dippers and the Bees were wide open, little defensive discipline and that's how they ship four goals. Mind, we could have had four but for some last ditch defending and wayward finishing.

Quite amusing that last night, in hindsight. Fans losing the plot, Pep telling everybody to calm down, Pep losing the plot, players misplacing passes that they could complete in their sleep. Brilliant

Love an aggressive "Come on City"

It was amusing, and ironic that it was Pep himself who was the most agitated person in the stadium for the most part, could tell he meant business though when he came back out for second half with no coat on.

One to forget but the 3 points won't be.

I think we will have a few more games like last night in the run in. Teams turn up to sit deep and counter, you can guarantee that Wolves, West Ham, Villa, Luton and united will play similar, hoping to keep a threat on the counter and set pieces. Arsenal might have a go.

I see this season statistically we’re more creative on the road than at home. When we’re away teams feel they have to give it a go so we get more space. We’re going to have get used to it.

Last night, it seemed like the Alvarez midfield experiment didn’t work, Foden had an off night and Bernardo was quiet. The balance was off again. It seems like the only setup that’s worked for us to get us really creating and controlling was as against Copenhagen. Which was effectively the champions league winning side with Walker for Akanji and Foden for Gundogan.

Pep hasn’t worked out how to get the best out of Doku, Nunes, Lewis, Alvarez or Gvardiol yet. He will though. Too often (like last night) we had creativity or control not both together. However that being said we are still creating enough chances but our finishing has been off. Everyone spoke about Haaland after Chelsea but both last night and Saturday, Bernardo and Alvarez missed great chances, failing to hit the target when presented with the opportunities. It seems we need to really batter some team to get confidence levels up as there’s a bit too much anxiety in our finishing at the moment. The pressure is on Haaland because we’re wasting a lot of chances.

I think we will have a few more games like last night in the run in. Teams turn up to sit deep and counter, you can guarantee that Wolves, West Ham, Villa, Luton and united will play similar, hoping to keep a threat on the counter and set pieces. Arsenal might have a go.

I see this season statistically we’re more creative on the road than at home. When we’re away teams feel they have to give it a go so we get more space. We’re going to have get used to it.

Last night, it seemed like the Alvarez midfield experiment didn’t work, Foden had an off night and Bernardo was quiet. The balance was off again. It seems like the only setup that’s worked for us to get us really creating and controlling was as against Copenhagen. Which was effectively the champions league winning side with Walker for Akanji and Foden for Gundogan.

Pep hasn’t worked out how to get the best out of Doku, Nunes, Lewis, Alvarez or Gvardiol yet. He will though. Too often (like last night) we had creativity or control not both together. However that being said we are still creating enough chances but our finishing has been off. Everyone spoke about Haaland after Chelsea but both last night and Saturday, Bernardo and Alvarez missed great chances, failing to hit the target when presented with the opportunities. It seems we need to really batter some team to get confidence levels up as there’s a bit too much anxiety in our finishing at the moment. The pressure is on Haaland because we’re wasting a lot of chances.
Will be interesting to see how these set up tonight. I bet they offer the Dippers a ramshackle, half-cock and collander defence.

You buy Haaland because he's the best striker in the world and can pull you out of the shit like last night and v Everton

His goals vs Everton ten days ago and last night might be the difference between us having 7 points from the last three games instead of 3 points

Because from where I was sitting, nobody else looked like they were going to score.

"Not a pep player" - it's such a nonsense statement because any player that scores over 50 goals of season and has scored against every Premier League team they played is any managers kind of player
If yer can pass the ball, head the ball, shoot, AND score a goal, then yer a Pep player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.