Brentford (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

You buy Haaland because he's the best striker in the world and can pull you out of the shit like last night and v Everton

His goals vs Everton ten days ago and last night might be the difference between us having 7 points from the last three games instead of 3 points

Because from where I was sitting, nobody else looked like they were going to score.

"Not a pep player" - it's such a nonsense statement because any player that scores over 50 goals of season and has scored against every Premier League team they played is any managers kind of player
i AGREE YOU!! WTF I said he's the best in the world...with grass in front of him!! FFS doesn't mean every situation he's good, but the best when bearing on goal.. problem is we are not set yup like that.. read my comments properly !!!

Also, you sign him because you can, and as he's the best at his job, plus you prevent an opponent from signing him. Add that the fee was a third of what you'd pay for a player of similar age and quality and it was a no-brainer.
Totally agree - best bit of business ever (as long as loads of secret pay backs etc are in the original deal) I know there's a cap re trf to trigger a conversation... but from footballing perspective he would be unstoppable in a counter attacking team...imagine if we controlled the ball in front of our box..def would tempt the oppo's to really press. We are that good on the ball we would be able to trigger Haaland more than losing the odd goal through losing possession 20 yds from our goal

You buy Haaland because he's the best striker in the world and can pull you out of the shit like last night and v Everton

His goals vs Everton ten days ago and last night might be the difference between us having 7 points from the last three games instead of 3 points

Because from where I was sitting, nobody else looked like they were going to score.

"Not a pep player" - it's such a nonsense statement because any player that scores over 50 goals of season and has scored against every Premier League team they played is any managers kind of player
Thats not analysing the game at all - interesting fact we scored more as a team the year BEFORE Haaland arrived. Don't get me wrong i love Haaland - especially his attitude. He is an amazing finisher 1 v 1 have we seen a better sight at City, probably since Frannie Lee days ..of a blue running in on goal, it's a thing of beauty - his goal last night was amazing. My only question was ..it's a team game and we don't play the way Haaland PREFERS..i.e. running onto a through ball - we must admit that. KDB was great at adapting. But...

For all the frustration with city’s slow build up I have, it is nothing compared to how sick I am at seeing teams camp out with 10 behind the ball and 1 up top to kick it too when we misplace a pass.

The only thing I would like Pep to do is to allow at times during the game the long ball to Haaland so we can win the second ball and then attack.

Camped out football boring bastards!!!!

It’s not city, Rato but the rest of the league including the rags.

Last edited:
I’m sorry I didn’t catch her name, but she was certainly no worse than many of the men. She was able to hold her own, and have a laugh, without sounding like she didn’t know what she was talking about.

Just glad I don’t have to listen to the phalanx of old, tired Red Top retirees waxing lyrical about “back in the day” that infest the UK feeds.
Both of 'em were good, and by good i mean not annoying.
They stuck to football and didn't bang on constantly about other shit.

It wasn't the greatest game to watch but then again when we are up against a 10 man defence it's never going to be exciting is it.
When we move the ball quickly they don't have time to regroup as fast and we always look more likely to score, but last night the tempo was a bit slow.
Great finish by Erling and a vital 3 points.. winning whilst not at our fluent best is a good sign.
Hopefully Bournemouth will be a better game with another 3 points please.

Some serious fannies on here ffs...

By the sounds of things alot on here live at home with mammy and daddy and need the dinner handed to them or they'll throw their toys out of the pram.

We didn't put four or five past Brentford so decide to carry on like spoiled brats. Same in the ground last night people around me calling players all sorts.

Pathetic cunts.

Some serious fannies on here ffs...

By the sounds of things alot on here live at home with mammy and daddy and need the dinner handed to them or they'll throw their toys out of the pram.

We didn't put four or five past Brentford so decide to carry on like spoiled brats. Same in the ground last night people around me calling players all sorts.

Pathetic cunts.

Agreed!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.