Brentford (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I've said it before with these games City should knock it around at the back and not attack.
Would park the bus teams just stay in their penalty and ours players in ours ?

Put the momentum on the opponents.

It would never happen but would be interesting what teams would do if we just parked the bus !

I've said it before with these games City should knock it around at the back and not attack.
Would park the bus teams just stay in their penalty and ours players in ours ?

Put the momentum on the opponents.

It would never happen but would be interesting what teams would do if we just parked the bus !
Isn't that what Brighton do ? invite the press and then play through it. Just don't think most teams would risk over commiting against us knowing we are more than capable of cutting through or with Ederson over a press. Especially teams that don't normally press because anothing worse than a half arsed press.
Seem to rememeber a few years ago a few more teams did try and press Ederson until they realised he could just ping it over them.

It’s hard to disagree with this tonight. Even when we had opportunities to counter we got just inside their half and stopped and recycled the ball to the back 4.
Wasn’t pretty tonight but we got through it.
because we've got no real pace in the team
bobb broke away and kept the ball foden the same doku is explosive so they say but not over half the pitch only haaland and like last night needs right ball
still frustrating how we let teams set then pass it about

teams stay deep,they dont commit , if they did they would get thrashed, they start at 0-0 and 99% of teams would be delighted if it finished that way, pace wont get behind a defence that sits so deep, passing and movement will, we dont need fast players usually, we need clever players who can see a space and can pick a pass, when teams do need to come out then the faster players are more helpful, control,passing and intelligence has worked for us, i really cant see why people are a bit down at the moment.

The holding on Haaland is getting fucking ridiculous every bloody game. Since when has rugby tackles become part of football ?
It's blatant cheating by the opposition player and blatant cheating by the ref in not awarding the penalty. The influence on refs of morons like Danny Muppet who continue to massage penal offences by suggesting you don't want to give penalties for that. Well, what we saw was every opportunity to HOLD Haarland and the only thing the ref did, which they all do, is wag a finger before the corner is taken. I'd love to here what they say to these perennial foulers - If you are holding him when the kick's taken then I shall award a penalty is what the wanker should say. But Haaland is still grabbed and held and the ref has momentarily forgotten what he said, and what he should do. Holding is a penal offence, and the only conclusion you can offer is that they just don't want to be the ref who gives five pens in one half for a centre forward being held. The first fuckin' thing defenders do at corners is put both arms round the nearest torso. And yet, anywhere outside the area and they will penalise the slightest nudge, whether it was a foul or not. They are politically driven apparatchiks who toe the PiGMOL line and it trashes any notion of what is written in the LotG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.