Brentford (H) - Post-Match Thread

i keep saying it.. the 3 points is the most important thing at this stage of the season and performance is 2nd.
everybody is fighting for something and teams in the relegation places are so hard to beat. they will put their bodies on the line in blocking shots and run their socks off.

today was very hard because of the international break and the team needed to fine our form all over again
even the cup game vs fulham we had a new back line from tonight so again finding our feet in the league was always going to be needed.

brentford are a good team and like him or not their manager got them playing and defending so well
its not something new that teams parking the bus and play on the break at the etihad ? but tonight on the break they looked very dangerous and without walker our recovery coming back is in question at times.

Big 3 points tonight and we move on and its 3 games a week from now on. i think its suits us playing every 3 or 4 days

Just home from the game. I thought Brentford really did their homework on us. They cut off the supply line to Mahrez and when he did get the ball they doubled up on him neutralising the threat. Foden was given no room to move and as a result was totally ineffective. They didn’t allow us to take short corners forcing us to play long balls which their giant centre backs ate up.

We we’re much better in the second half and created a lot more chances but overall it wasn’t our best performance. Still, three points and another game closer to being Champions again.

On bright note, I really liked the look of our back four, especially Stones.

I know what you mean but there’s a bit of the Stokes / Burnleys about them.

Personally I’d rather see teams like Fulham / Howe-era Bournemouth in the premier league, who actually play attractive positive football.

I thought Fulham were a breath of fresh air the other day, can’t wait to see them promoted.

Personally I’d rather see teams like Fulham / Howe-era Bournemouth in the premier league, who actually play attractive positive football.

I thought Fulham were a breath of fresh air the other day, can’t wait to see them promoted.
Howe era Bournemouth were amongst the most negative against us, but agree with thrust

Couldn't go tonight so watched on the TV. What was striking to me tonight is that after our match finished I switched over to a 3-3 thriller at Villa Park, and couldn't help but notice the absolute gulf in class between us and that game. We are miles and miles ahead of any team in this league bar the dippers -and were much better than them also. The passing and movement we do even when playing badly is on another planet compared to everyone else. We are so lucky. Btw I thought Kev was outstanding tonight in the way he got back and saved us from counters on quite a few occasions. I don't know what more those criticising him expect him to do. He worked his nuts off, defended brilliantly and scored a goal.

Depends when we play Fulham after their promotion.

If it’s not in the first 10 games, they’ll have sacked Silva and be playing anti-football again.

I agree, I certainly didnt think what they did tonight was good or attractive but it was effective, at least for 40 minutes.

I hate watching teams that don’t want to engage in a proper game of football but to be fair, we are so good, there arent many teams outside the top three or four who want to take us on. They all just defend for their lives and hope to hit us on the break.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.