Brentford (H) - Post-Match Thread

We found a way to win and that's all that matters with this type of game. 3 points in the bank and more pressure on Liverpool

This is from the BBC. Falls over in amazement.

"City's fluidity was so far removed from the old-school English tactics of the past and when another defender, Aymeric Laporte, controlled the ball on his chest and rolled a shot narrowly wide of the far post, it felt like a throwback to 'Total Football' and the Netherlands' 1970s golden era under coach Rinus Michels".

Just home from the game. I thought Brentford really did their homework on us. They cut off the supply line to Mahrez and when he did get the ball they doubled up on him neutralising the threat. Foden was given no room to move and as a result was totally ineffective. They didn’t allow us to take short corners forcing us to play long balls which their giant centre backs ate up.

We we’re much better in the second half and created a lot more chances but overall it wasn’t our best performance. Still, three points and another game closer to being Champions again.

On bright note, I really liked the look of our back four, especially Stones.

They were absolutely dreadful, like watching old 3rd division football

Stones MOTM for me

another game ticked off, just keep rolling City

Just home from the game. I thought Brentford really did their homework on us. They cut off the supply line to Mahrez and when he did get the ball they doubled up on him neutralising the threat. Foden was given no room to move and as a result was totally ineffective. They didn’t allow us to take short corners forcing us to play long balls which their giant centre backs ate up.

We we’re much better in the second half and created a lot more chances but overall it wasn’t our best performance. Still, three points and another game closer to being Champions again.

On bright note, I really liked the look of our back four, especially Stones.
The BBC report that I quoted above particularly praised Stones and his role tonight. Amazing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.