Brentford (H) - Post-Match Thread

I thought we made hard work of that
Yes me too. It's a tough watch when teams sit back and defend in numbers and they did that very well. At times it felt as though only Stones was making forward runs and passes. The first time Stirling ran into the box with pace we got the penalty. There was a fair old number of stray passes. It was much better after the second goal went in, KDB was all over the place then doing everything. Took a while to get there though.

This is from the BBC. Falls over in amazement.

"City's fluidity was so far removed from the old-school English tactics of the past and when another defender, Aymeric Laporte, controlled the ball on his chest and rolled a shot narrowly wide of the far post, it felt like a throwback to 'Total Football' and the Netherlands' 1970s golden era under coach Rinus Michels".
Good grief, some one is getting sacked in the morning.

i keep saying it.. the 3 points is the most important thing at this stage of the season and performance is 2nd.
everybody is fighting for something and teams in the relegation places are so hard to beat. they will put their bodies on the line in blocking shots and run their socks off.

today was very hard because of the international break and the team needed to fine our form all over again
even the cup game vs fulham we had a new back line from tonight so again finding our feet in the league was always going to be needed.

brentford are a good team and like him or not their manager got them playing and defending so well
its not something new that teams parking the bus and play on the break at the etihad ? but tonight on the break they looked very dangerous and without walker our recovery coming back is in question at times.

Big 3 points tonight and we move on and its 3 games a week from now on. i think its suits us playing every 3 or 4 days
We do have a midweek break in a fortnight.

This is from the BBC. Falls over in amazement.

"City's fluidity was so far removed from the old-school English tactics of the past and when another defender, Aymeric Laporte, controlled the ball on his chest and rolled a shot narrowly wide of the far post, it felt like a throwback to 'Total Football' and the Netherlands' 1970s golden era under coach Rinus Michels".
No better compliment than that. I saw that team and every player, including the goalie had the talent of an inside forward. So beautiful to watch. They were done out of World Cup by an English tosser of a referee! Quelle surprise!

Couldn't go tonight so watched on the TV. What was striking to me tonight is that after our match finished I switched over to a 3-3 thriller at Villa Park, and couldn't help but notice the absolute gulf in class between us and that game. We are miles and miles ahead of any team in this league bar the dippers -and were much better than them also. The passing and movement we do even when playing badly is on another planet compared to everyone else. We are so lucky. Btw I thought Kev was outstanding tonight in the way he got back and saved us from counters on quite a few occasions. I don't know what more those criticising him expect him to do. He worked his nuts off, defended brilliantly and scored a goal.

I’m in 115 and there was a moment where Brentford had a chance to attack and Kev just went “nah, not having this”, burst forward, did the job of an entire back four and defensive midfield all on his own, cleanly got the ball and started another attacking movement by smoothly passing it over to Sterling along the right wing.

I couldn’t quite believe my eyes. One of those moments I was honoured to see close up.

By miles the highlight of the game tonight for me.

Routine in the end. Helped by Brentford just sort of gifting us both goals.

Not at our best but we didn't have to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.