Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

We can't knock Haaland's goal scoring record but he has areas he can improve on days like today. He needs to improve his physicality and heading ability. When he's well shackled he has to start disrupting defences and opening space up for others.
Crosses to Haaland were poor today.
He stood his ground against a Brentford player and got booked!
Perhaps he didn't want a second yellow?
Brentford had a game plan which they executed well, which mostly involved using 3 players to mark Erling.
A frustrating game to watch, City were lacklustre and I was baffled by the team selection and Peps' intransigence when it was clear that the way we were playing wasn't going to win the game.
Why didn't Grealish or Mahrez get to come on at some point?

Incredible isn’t it. They had 8 attempts on target out of 10. That just sums up how shit we were defensively today. No bodies on the line or blocks, wimping out of tackles and headers. Terrible. The pathetic defending for both goals just summed it up.
Spot on Millwall couldn't agree more. When we've commanded games we're OK but Brentford and Pool rushed us and we looked shakey. What's happening.
What would your best defence be. ?

I think the players have got to the point they’re believing their own hype (“City are levels above everyone else in the league “ etc etc) . It’s almost as if they think they just need to turn up to win, no effort required. We’ve let complacency set in.

Some of our fan base probably guilty of this as well.
Personally I disagree with this comment, Not having a pop by the way everyone has their own opinion and that's what forums are about (Had to get that in their because still some salty people on here after the defeat)!

This City side work their socks off basically every week leaving everything on the pitch as we've seen last week against Fulham. Yesterday was a big big off day we just weren't at it, The line up and tactical changes hampered us too. I think a result like that has been coming a while now, Too many changes every week to the side especially defensively we can't keep changing our centre backs, 14 games in and we never know from week to week who our best centre backs actually are.
Haaland should have been nowhere near the side yesterday too, He's not fit he didn't look right. We had an in form Alvarez fully fit sitting on the bench.

It's clear as day to see how much we miss Kyle Walker and how vital he is to the way we set up, Hopefully he's back fully fit for us for the last few months of the season.

I think for a few people it’s not about the loss. I can accept any loss if the team have given their all. Yesterday there was no desire or effort that is what most people are annoyed at.

Well, I will agree that the manner of the loss does have a part to play, it is far better to go down fighting.

I think City are great for fighting on into injury time, when needed, and yesterday's capitulation is rare. I think anger and resentment is probably justified if that becomes the norm but a one off, where the opposition have give you the run around a bit, we just need to move on.

Why didn't Grealish or Mahrez get to come on at some point?

This is what drove me mad,why is he reluctant to change it,and hope that works.
I remember being at palace away in january this year,he didnt make 1 sub,after saying "they were all playing to well " which was obviously bollox,everyone was screaming for him to make a change.
either mahrez or grealish might have created something in the last 10-15 minutez,we'll never know though now

"Our best right-back is injured. Should we play our 3rd choice centre-back or our 5th choice centre-back in his place?"

How is one of the richest teams in the world in this situation? What were we thinking buying a fifth centre-back in the summer instead of another fullback. The end result is that Dias is on the bench half the time.
Said it here weeks ago shambolic recruitment too have 2 first team full backs and I got murdered. The lad Gomez will never be good enough. Cancelo is a moments player and Walker offer zilch going forward.

Well, I will agree that the manner of the loss does have a part to play, it is far better to go down fighting.

I think City are great for fighting on into injury time, when needed, and yesterday's capitulation is rare. I think anger and resentment is probably justified if that becomes the norm but a one off, where the opposition have give you the run around a bit, we just need to move on.
We have not played well for a few weeks and this type of performance/ result has been coming
Hopefully the break might give us the chance to hit the reset button and pause the momentum for the others!

Not if stones is at centre half. Need Walker back fit from the World Cup.
And Dias back playing at the level when he first joined us, he and Stones are an outstanding partnership.

Walker going to the WC could be a huge positive, gives him chance to get fit and up to speed, let's hope his loss of pace early season was due to the injury and not father time.

Personally I disagree with this comment, Not having a pop by the way everyone has their own opinion and that's what forums are about (Had to get that in their because still some salty people on here after the defeat)!

This City side work their socks off basically every week leaving everything on the pitch as we've seen last week against Fulham. Yesterday was a big big off day we just weren't at it, The line up and tactical changes hampered us too. I think a result like that has been coming a while now, Too many changes every week to the side especially defensively we can't keep changing our centre backs, 14 games in and we never know from week to week who our best centre backs actually are.
Haaland should have been nowhere near the side yesterday too, He's not fit he didn't look right. We had an in form Alvarez fully fit sitting on the bench.

It's clear as day to see how much we miss Kyle Walker and how vital he is to the way we set up, Hopefully he's back fully fit for us for the last few months of the season.
Totally agree and yes that result has been coming for a while. Eventually we were going to get caught out by a team with a decent plan. Fully deserved by Brentford. Didn’t think they would last the whole game but they did. They stopped the balls to Haaland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.