Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

He clearly did well but I have seen him play far better, that's the point I was making and it puts the performance of our defense in prospective.

Our back line looks superb with the ball at their feet but often when genuinely threatened or physically challenged look ordinary.
Absolutely agree with this. We do seem to lack a powerful physical presence.

So many people have peddled that this is our best ever squad and it's miles way from it. We have zero depth, no pace to stretch teams. The squad looks stale.

We've ended up with Grealish and Mahrez who the manager doesn't trust.

I don't think we'll win the league. You can't drop points to Brentford, Villa and Newcastle.
There’s a few teams going to drop points v Newcastle and Brentford.

The rotation policy at the back has gone mental. No settled defence this season has seen us look lost. The buildup from the back is not fluid and the defending is at best just about ok.

Injury to Walker did not help. We seem to be back to full back problems. Which is hampering the team cohesion. I thought we would have enough to cover but seemingly not. Ake should be Lb and Cancelo rb. Putting stones in at RB is a disaster. I would prefer us to go 3 at the back with wing backs who can focus on attack and give us width until we can recruit. Teams are strangling the life out of our width forcing us to come inside. We have no playmaker to open them up. We looked most dangerous this year playing quick ball into Haaland otherwise we struggle.

Change it Pep. We have the The CB’s to make a very good 3. Put Walker and Cancelo up wide or Gomez/Rico until Walker is back.
Our main playmaker is Bernardo.
Gundog can do it, so can Rodri, but either one or the other and not both.
Palmer isn't the finished article yet - but he will get there.
So please don't say that we haven't got a playmaker.

We haven’t really got a captain who can pull Us out of the trenches when we need it either . Let’s face it if it wasn’t for haalands goals we’d be way off the pace
I agree, think this has been highlighted at Klanfield as well. Only one with any bark in our side that day was Bernardo and he's probably the smallest player in the side.
Think the presence of Fernandinho around the place can't be underestimated even if he wasn't on the pitch.
Seem to rely too much on having that moment of magic or luck to get ourselves out of jail. Played a lot of games without and urgency/tempo this season and not really pressing the action in the first half.

We have not played well for a few weeks and this type of performance/ result has been coming
Hopefully the break might give us the chance to hit the reset button and pause the momentum for the others!
Been longer than a few weeks, we haven't looked good for a couple of months, the drop off started 2nd half of the rags game. We've just done enough to win games without playing at all well, not sure what has changed

I think we’ve become very one dimensional now, give it to Haaland, Alvarez a prime example on the break. Erling had 3 marking him yesterday so that leaves us two spare players, revert to last season and let the others try and score! I noticed how narrow we were up front and Pep screaming for width, with the wingbacks they had the best ball would’ve been between the wing back and the centre half, you can do that with width, get round the back of them. Pep has to also make the right subs, Gundogan off Bernie in the middle we were far too defensive , switch Foden to the right, left Grealish or Alvarez on the the right.
The defence was all over the shop yesterday as well but you have to hand it to Toney he bossed them and they got a deserved win, I won’t panic too much as we always seem to get stronger after Xmas but this World Cup could fuck up lots of players for all teams.

Spot on Millwall couldn't agree more. When we've commanded games we're OK but Brentford and Pool rushed us and we looked shakey. What's happening.
What would your best defence be. ?
It’s hard to say at the moment but it would definately involved Dias because he has leadership qualities that some of the other defenders dont seem to have.

I would also be looking to buy a competent left back in January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.