Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

Is it me or did Phil Foden snub Erling again in the passing...grasping at straws now.
gonna be resorting to aloof humour soon.

I agree. But would add that the midfield is not functioning right either if Kev is off key like yesterday we struggle.
We are not creating overloads play is congested, slow and lateral. The key feature of yesterday's game indeed Chelsea as well was the transition when we lost possession, with us always looking vulnerable and likely to concede.
The league is still there to be won but we need to be better as in reality a 5 point gap probably flatters us.
Agree with both comments, though I’d add that Arsenal’s points tally is flattering for them given some of their performances. It’s a long season, things will change, it isn’t Christmas as Sky like to say it is to keep their reds subscribing.

The team still needs a huge amount of praise. They’re having to play an attack v defence game every week, finding gaps in well organised blocks. That’s hard and frustrating and will mean we run out of ideas and steam every now and then. If that low block also has a powerful forward to hoof it too - like yesterday - then it makes for a twitchy, shit game from both sides. Yesterday was Palace from previous seasons.

Calmed down now. We always have this type of reason every season. This time lasr season palace recently beat us and were 5/6 points behind.

I appreciate it’s not in Pep‘s DNA to play for a draw but why oh why didn’t we accept we had been really poor, deserved to lose and outplayed for most of the match and shut up shop for the last few mins of injury time. Being caught so far up the field without a recognised right back, no left back is insane. Take the point and move on. To lose was criminally expected for the majority of us who watch us week in week out. It was Spurs at home all over again.

I just don't understand why we continue to play Gundo and Kevin in the team together. Kevin needs freedom to roam. Our best team is with Bernado in midfield with Rodri and Kevin. Grealish would have been chumping at the bit after his performance in midweek and Phii, in opinion, plays better on the right.

Cultism. He’s human and fallible.
We’ve been just about scrambling through games and edging results for weeks now
Our worst performances and worst spells almost always involve shoving Bernie out to the right wing to shoehorn everyone else in
This lunacy was quite rightly binned off two or three years ago. Quite why it had suddenly returned with a vengeance is baffling
It makes Bernie worse and the whole team worse
Agree.

This defeat has been coming for a while. I know we have had a few injuries at the back but we seem to have regressed to Pep's first season here, in that teams are blitzing us too easily on the break and with the long ball. The last two games we could easily have conceded five goals each game if it wasn't for very good goalkeeping displays. The question is why? Could it be our ageing midfield? Kev and Gundo are both the wrong side of thirty and Rodri has never been quick. Only Bernardo has pace and energy to burn. We can also debate the merits of selling Jesus but his insane pressing meant teams couldn't break on us so easily. Sadly I think we are seeing the first signs that this team is on the slow decline from its peak. Obviously we're still a very good team but the warning signs are there

Not been this pissed off with a city result for a long time. The result was bad enough and the manner of the result conceding a criminal late goal was a kick in the bollocks.. but it was the lack of effort with the WC round the corner, from more than half the team that is really hard to accept.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.